#821 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,752 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 February 2020 - 08:32 AM

He has 108 points his last 2 games. Last night was super impressive though. One thing to do that against Chicago, another against Milwaukee, while holding Giannis to 22 points in an OT contest. Of course, giving up 40 to Middleton helps explain some of that. And of course, they lose.

Yea, they are one of the worst defensive teams I have ever seen.

@mikeghg

#822 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,841 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 25 February 2020 - 08:39 AM

He joins James Harden and Wilt Chamberlain as the only 3 players in NBA history to net 53+ points in consecutive games. 

I like his quote after the game though, when asked how it felt to post back-to-back career high games: "Terrible, honestly. I'm a winner, so you can throw those 55 out with the last 53."

• Adam Wolff and Mike B like this
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#823 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,752 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:29 AM

He joins James Harden and Wilt Chamberlain as the only 3 players in NBA history to net 53+ points in consecutive games. 

I like his quote after the game though, when asked how it felt to post back-to-back career high games: "Terrible, honestly. I'm a winner, so you can throw those 55 out with the last 53."

I like the comment.  I know a lot of people like James Harden but in my opinion, he is what is wrong with the NBA today.  To m any guys putting themselves ahead of the team, and the star players having way to much control on how the team plays the game.  Hopefully Beal does not go down that road.

@mikeghg

#824 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,293 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:45 AM

I like the comment.  I know a lot of people like James Harden but in my opinion, he is what is wrong with the NBA today.  To m any guys putting themselves ahead of the team, and the star players having way to much control on how the team plays the game.  Hopefully Beal does not go down that road.

I think Beal's is definitely out of necessity. The Wizards are basically Beal + a bunch of spare parts that have the upside to become something right now. Bertans has been refreshing, but he wasn't playing last night. 

Hopefully once Wall is back, he's at least somewhat of the same player. And also has received the memo that he's no longer first banana in DC anymore.

@AdamWolff

#825 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,841 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:45 AM

He was also the first to hit 50 in back-to-back games since Kobe did it - and he did it on the day of his memorial, and on 2/24. Gotta love sports.

• Adam Wolff and B00E00N00 like this
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#826 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 119,911 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 03:39 PM

John Wall sends a warning shot to the NBA: “I’m gonna be better than what I was before and that’s the scary part...they ain’t even get the best of John Wall yet.”

#827 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,752 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 May 2020 - 07:08 AM

John Wall sends a warning shot to the NBA: “I’m gonna be better than what I was before and that’s the scary part...they ain’t even get the best of John Wall yet.”

Hopefully he gets to show everyone, sooner rather than later, but until then, it is just talk.

@mikeghg

#828 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 119,911 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 05:07 PM

Wizards' Wall: '110%' but still working at rehab

The RingerBradley Beal on the Nets Sounds Good, but Does It Make Sense?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners