#1 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,937 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:57 PM

http://baltimorespor...ndtable-week-3/

Thoughts an the pressing topics from the previous week, and a look ahead at the Cleveland Browns.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,937 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:01 PM

Chime in with your thoughts on what we have been discussing.

1. Given all of the distractions surrounding the Ravens, did you expect them to look as good as they did in arguably their toughest test each year, a 26-6 victory over the rival Steelers?

2. It looked like a much more balanced attack in week 2 then we saw in the opener. The Ravens rushed 36 times versus 29 passes. They gained 4.0 YPC for the second straight week. Do you feel that the running game is much improved and we'll see more of this success going forward?

3. It’s a little troubling early on that Torrey Smith has been a non-factor in the offense. (Four catches for 60 yards in two games). It's apparent that newcomer Steve Smith is Joe Flacco's favorite target, along with the pair of tight ends. Do you anticipate a down year from Torrey because of his ability, or because there are too many quality pass catchers and only one football to go around?

4. Another guy that has gotten zero looks, aside from blocking, is Kyle Juszczyk. "Juice" was the team’s leading receiver in the preseason. I thought he would be a key piece to the offense in the passing game. Not so much thus far. Thoughts?

5. What stands out to you most about the Ravens defense so far? They have allowed just one TD in the first two games against a couple tough division rivals.  

6. Shifting our focus to the upcoming game, the Ravens first road test in Cleveland. The Browns are 1-1 after pulling the upset over the New Orleans Saints high powered offense. What are your keys to the game on offense for the Ravens?

7. Keys to the game on defense for the Ravens?

8. Prediction time. Who improves to 2-1/falls to 1-2, and give a score if you like. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#3 NadeemK

NadeemK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:17 PM

So we all essentially agree Torrey is going to have a down year? wow... 

#4 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,742 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:50 AM

I still have a little bit of a feeling the Ravens are holding back a bit.  Right now, I haven't seen as much play action as we'd like, and there have been very few deep shots taken as a result of that.

I think not having the established run going into the Pitt game slowed that down some.  I think that's where you get your one on one deep shots.  

Also if Smith is still drawing extra coverage, we need to keep the looks underneath and behind his routes open.  I trust Kubiak and company to be able to straighten that out though.

• esporter likes this

#5 esporter

esporter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:27 PM

I still have a little bit of a feeling the Ravens are holding back a bit.  Right now, I haven't seen as much play action as we'd like, and there have been very few deep shots taken as a result of that.

I think not having the established run going into the Pitt game slowed that down some.  I think that's where you get your one on one deep shots.  

Also if Smith is still drawing extra coverage, we need to keep the looks underneath and behind his routes open.  I trust Kubiak and company to be able to straighten that out though.

Totally agree. 

I think Torrey and Juice are going to be featured a lot more in, say, the second half of the season rather than the first.

I don't know that either of them will have huge seasons or anything, but I expect we'll start seeing Juice catch 3-5 passes a game and Torrey get his deep game going again.

I just can't imagine it's going to be the Steve Smith show for 16 weeks. Kubiak is likely bringing the offense along slowly and by playoff time, we should be firing on all cylinders.

wordsbyevanporter.com

@esporter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners