#1 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,346 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:56 PM

http://baltimorespor...king-nfl-storm/

Figured that title was fitting on a day like today. 

Players and coaches are raving about joint practices. Is it a better option than the extremely unpopular preseason games?

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,442 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:15 AM

I'm not going to troll bnickle, I'm not going to troll bnickle...

In reality, teams should be doing this with teams that aren't on their schedule instead of pre-season games right?  If they agree not to share film with opponents, they can work on game plans, and not be as vanilla as we often see in the preseason.

The Redskins got really good attendance at theirs I believe, almost 22,000.  But there's no way the revenue is close so I don't ever see these replacing pre-season games unless we get an expanded playoff or as you point out the revenue is there.

#3 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,346 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:33 PM

Here's a question for you season ticket holders, and anyone really. Would you pay to see The Ravens practice against the 49ers for 3 hours? Knowing that you would get to see a lot of the guys you want to. Flacco, Kaepernick, Rice, Gore, Pitta, Davis, Torrey, Boldin.

If you are analyzing the players, would you want to see Boldin go against Webb numerous times to see how Webb does? Monroe against say Aldon Smith?

I guess, would you rather your $100 seat go toward preseason games where the first team doesnt hardly play, or for a practice where the first team is often on the field? The outcome of either is meaningless so...
@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners