#521 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,492 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 05 August 2018 - 09:41 AM

Every Nats fan I know are quite furious with the Lerner's right now. They'd love to have Dusty.
  • BSLSethBondroff likes this
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#522 BSLSethBondroff

BSLSethBondroff

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,877 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 August 2018 - 09:57 AM

Every Nats fan I know are quite furious with the Lerner's right now. They'd love to have Dusty.

One of my closest friends is a Nats fan, and after the playoffs last year he couldn't wait to get rid of Dusty.."How is he playing Jayson Werth over Howie Kendrick", I heard this for 5 straight games.. I explained that as a Cubs fan, I remember all of this back in 2003 with Prior and Wood's pitch counts (a valid point, for the record) his obsession with Kyle Farnsworth...etc..Anyway, I told him to be careful what you wish for, that Dusty always gets criticism but always wins (at least until the playoffs), and it's going to be hard to find someone as consistent as him.

He jokes with me all the time about how he wants Dusty back. I just laugh, and tell him I still think they're going to win it all. He then tells me to fuck off and usually walks away.
@beginthebegin71

#523 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,173 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 10:09 AM

One of my closest friends is a Nats fan, and after the playoffs last year he couldn't wait to get rid of Dusty.."How is he playing Jayson Werth over Howie Kendrick", I heard this for 5 straight games.. I explained that as a Cubs fan, I remember all of this back in 2003 with Prior and Wood's pitch counts (a valid point, for the record) his obsession with Kyle Farnsworth...etc..Anyway, I told him to be careful what you wish for, that Dusty always gets criticism but always wins (at least until the playoffs), and it's going to be hard to find someone as consistent as him.

He jokes with me all the time about how he wants Dusty back. I just laugh, and tell him I still think they're going to win it all. He then tells me to fuck off and usually walks away.

Such is life as most baseball fans. I had someone very wise once once tell me that everyone believes they can manage a baseball team. This guy was a college coach at the time but he was talking about every level. From the pros to 9U. The nature of the sports tends to make the job look easy and is rife for 2nd guessing. I mean you dont have to draw up schemes and plays or have all this verbage to learn. You just have to write names on a lineup card and walk to the mound to change pitchers a few times. Easy peasy.

#524 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,940 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 05 August 2018 - 12:03 PM

bnickle, on 05 Aug 2018 - 08:16, said:
Such is life as most baseball fans. I had someone very wise once once tell me that everyone believes they can manage a baseball team.

I'd question his wisdom then.

Sacrafice bunting, stealing and hit and running your way into outs in order to create opportunities is pretty dumb strategy. There's more, but that's enough. I can almost guarantee I've watched more of the Angels and Mike Scosia as almost anybody on here over the years. Maybe he's gotten better over the years, but he still lost more games than he should have imo. Even your guy Buck really doesn't do any of these things. If you want an Orioles comp, think Dave Trembley.

FYI, No real issues with Dusty Baker. Thought it was a good move to bring him in and restore order in that Nats clubhouse. As far as the SP management stuff, I always thought it was overstated. That said, and as you know, I'm in the camp of making the field manager essentially an extension of the FO. In general,most older/experienced managers aren't going to adapt well to that.

#525 BSLSethBondroff

BSLSethBondroff

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,877 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 August 2018 - 12:40 PM

Meanwhile, Scioscia said the reports are "poppycock"..He should resign for that reason alone. 

@beginthebegin71

#526 birdwatcher55

birdwatcher55

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 748 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 02:45 PM

He'll end up in Washington I predict.

#527 Thirteen

Thirteen
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 03:09 PM

Meanwhile, Scioscia said the reports are "poppycock"..He should resign for that reason alone. 

I prefer ‘balderdash’.

#528 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 100,372 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 07:51 PM

@BillShaikin 3h3 hours ago

#Angels say Shohei Ohtani has new damage to his UCL ligament and Tommy John surgery has been recommended.

#529 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,940 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:55 PM

@BillShaikin 3h3 hours ago

#Angels say Shohei Ohtani has new damage to his UCL ligament and Tommy John surgery has been recommended.

Ouch

#530 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 7,078 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 05 September 2018 - 11:03 PM

And then he goes out and pops two HRs.
  • BSLChrisStoner and DJ MC like this
@PhelanToTweet

Host of Phelan to Communicate - a podcast about Movies, TV, Video Games, and MMA

#531 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 100,372 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:06 AM

He's got a .946 OPS.

#532 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 100,372 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:07 AM

Yahoo: How Shohei Ohtani can play in 2019 even if he undergoes Tommy John surgery
https://sports.yahoo...-061654070.html

#533 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 100,372 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:26 PM

The Ringer: Shohei Ohtani’s Abbreviated Rookie Season Has Still Been a Near-Miracle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners