#1 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,803 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:59 PM

http://baltimorespor...starts-offense/

Which Ravens offensive players are on the bubble as training camp gets underway in a week. 

• BSLChrisStoner and Greg Pappas like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,364 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:54 PM

"TE Expected: Owen Daniels"

This was interesting.  I don't know what % chance you put at "locks" versus "expected" but I was thinking Daniels was a lock to be one of our TEs this year, especially based on his history with Kubiak.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#3 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,803 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:46 PM

Daniels is a lock except for him getting released by Houston for failing a physical, and no guaranteed money in the contract. I would say hes 95% to make it though.
@BSLMikeRandall

#4 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:31 PM

I think Forsett is in right now. I think he likely should be in too. He might just be are most dynamic RB on the roster.

#5 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:00 AM

I think Forsett is in right now. I think he likely should be in too. He might just be are most dynamic RB on the roster.

I don't know how you can possibly think the most dynamic back on this team is Forsett.  I mean, perhaps we're using dynamic in different terms.  But wow...obviously at their peaks both Rice/Pierce are more dynamic than Forsett.

While I'm not disagreeing that Rice/Pierce have question marks, Forsett doesn't bring a clean bill of health with him nor a track record of stellar play over the last two years.  But his ability to play ST is going to earn him a spot.  And I think he'll see some touches when Rice is out, but once Rice is back, you really don't want to see Forsett taking snaps from him or being the most dynamic RB.  If so, this team is in trouble.  

I think once we see Rice in the pre-season we'll know if he can play at a higher level again or not though.  But I'd still say Pierce is more dynamic than Forsett in those circumstances.

#6 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:38 AM

Ehhh. I understand where you're coming from, but Rice, Pierce and Taliaferro all have way more potential than Forsett. If reports on Rice are true, he is lighter on his feet and looks like a playmaker again. We'll see in preseason. Missing out on Terrence West could hurt if not.

#7 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

I don't know how you can possibly think the most dynamic back on this team is Forsett.  I mean, perhaps we're using dynamic in different terms.  But wow...obviously at their peaks both Rice/Pierce are more dynamic than Forsett.

While I'm not disagreeing that Rice/Pierce have question marks, Forsett doesn't bring a clean bill of health with him nor a track record of stellar play over the last two years.  But his ability to play ST is going to earn him a spot.  And I think he'll see some touches when Rice is out, but once Rice is back, you really don't want to see Forsett taking snaps from him or being the most dynamic RB.  If so, this team is in trouble.  

I think once we see Rice in the pre-season we'll know if he can play at a higher level again or not though.  But I'd still say Pierce is more dynamic than Forsett in those circumstances.

Im not a big fan of Pierce or Taliaferro. Rice, is still my odds on bet to be our best back but he'll also be missing 4 games. Forsett has the biggest chance to bust off big plays. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets the most touches in Ray's absence. And no, that isn't a good thing. Its not that Forsett is good, its that the other guys are Meh.

Ive heard people buying Pierce in this system. Im selling.

#8 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,364 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

Where will we rank in rushing in the NFL this year?  I have a bad feeling we will be in the bottom 10....

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#9 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,695 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

I think one guy that wasn't mentioned was James Hurst.  He's got a real good shot to make this squad, particularly if there are any injuries at tackle.

I think he'll make it anyway.

• Greg Pappas likes this

@fuzydunlop

#10 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

Where will we rank in rushing in the NFL this year?  I have a bad feeling we will be in the bottom 10....

Really, the biggest hope is Kubiak. I don't know that I trust the talent, but maybe he can bring pull the absolute most out of all of them with his system.

#11 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

I mean Zuttah is an upgrade, hopefully KO is fully healthy, and Yanda is closer to his old self. All of that would really help too.

Its not unlikely though that KO is never the same after the back surgery, Yanda has lost a step, and Wagner isn't a good enough RT.

#12 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:14 PM

Glad to see bnick in mid-season form already.  I'm trying to remember how insufferable you were during our playoff run, but all the booze and happy thoughts are just clouding it out.

It's silly to make any proclamations at this point when we've got camp coming up and reports and pre-season games are going to tell us a way more than prognostications before we've even seen anyone take a snap.

But regardless, I'll bite, why are you selling on Pierce?  Your trusted gut?  He was very good two years ago with a good line and appears to be a good one cut runner between the tackles.  He's actually a perfect fit for the system if you ask me.  

#13 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:08 PM

Glad to see bnick in mid-season form already. I'm trying to remember how insufferable you were during our playoff run, but all the booze and happy thoughts are just clouding it out.

It's silly to make any proclamations at this point when we've got camp coming up and reports and pre-season games are going to tell us a way more than prognostications before we've even seen anyone take a snap.

But regardless, I'll bite, why are you selling on Pierce? Your trusted gut? He was very good two years ago with a good line and appears to be a good one cut runner between the tackles. He's actually a perfect fit for the system if you ask me.

OMG ..you've become an insufferable prick. Go back and post on the dead OH Ravens board.

#14 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 114,729 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:45 PM

Can have different opinions guys....   just be happy that camp is starting, and avoid attacking each other.

#15 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:07 AM

Ive heard people buying Pierce in this system. Im selling.

I'm curious why...it'd be great if you added something substantive about Pierce's game that we could watch for and discuss during camp and the preseason.

OMG ..you've become an insufferable prick. Go back and post on the dead OH Ravens board.

I do agree Wagner is going to be a major question mark, and that's definitely something to watch in camp too.  And I'm skeptical on Tagliaferro as well.  There are definitely question marks on this offense.

I'm just curious why you're already calling for KO to not be healthy or Yanda to take a step back (no signs of that).  If reports come out of camp they look bad, so be it, call it then.  But on the flip side of that statement there's also a chance that KO and Yanda could end up being the best guard combo in the league.  

This season continues to ride on Kubiak and his new system.  If it works, we're going to be very good.  If it doesn't, we're going to look a lot like last year.  I think for once, we're actually going to get a meaningful taste in the preseason because of the new system and the need for live game reps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners