Photo

BSL: Is Marlon Brown's roster spot safe?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,600 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

Torrey Smith had a far greater impact as a rookie than Marlon. He was a legitimate deep threat from the start.

Brown may have better hands and his size is a bonus, but in no way was his rookie year better than Torrey's.

Marlon's upside is as a #3 WR imo. I think he may be able to do well in the slot kind of like a poor man's Marques Colston.

I doubt he gets many snaps this coming year though unless one of the starters gets hurt.
@gabefergy

#22 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:02 PM

Torrey Smith had a far greater impact as a rookie than Marlon. He was a legitimate deep threat from the start.

Brown may have better hands and his size is a bonus, but in no way was his rookie year better than Torrey's.

Marlon's upside is as a #3 WR imo. I think he may be able to do well in the slot kind of like a poor man's Marques Colston.

I doubt he gets many snaps this coming year though unless one of the starters gets hurt.

Agreed. I was thinking this today, and I may have even said this before, I would bet someone even money straight up that Marlon Brown's rookie year will be the best year of his career. At least, statistically. 50, 600 yrds and 6 TDS . That's what a #3 WR does on most teams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners