#1 MattJergensen

MattJergensen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:31 PM

http://baltimorespor...defensive-line/

Is this season Ngata's last in Charm City?

Can Canty return to form?

Which young lion emerges?

Here are my thought - what's yours?

• BSLChrisStoner and primetime like this

#2 primetime

primetime

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:33 AM

Of the younger guys, I think DeAngelo Tyson is set to make a big step forward. He's shown flashes in that 15-20 snap role in the past and I think he will truly "arrive" this year.

With regards to Haloti, we just need to accept that this dude is on his last legs and that he's best served in that Siragusa type role; 1st and 2nd down/obvious run situations, probably no more than 25 snaps a game, IMO.

I think Canty can still be an impact player. It would be nice to have a guy that can play on the interior, slash and get after the QB. One of the things I've lamented about our defense for as long as I can remember is that we have such a difficult time generating consistent pressure without blitzing. Hopefully Canty can be healthy and give us a bit of that non blitz pressure.

@primetime667083

#3 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,158 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

I'd like to see Ngata move back to playing DE in the base defense. Williams is well-suited to play NT, and that will allow Ngata to have more of an impact. I think he is most likely in his last year with the Ravens, but It's possible he will take a Suggs type deal to lower his cap number and stick around for another 3-4 years.

I think Canty was a good pick up, and while he wasn't making a lot of splash plays, his work against the run was a big reason why the DL improved last year. If he can remain healthy, his versatility and experience will be a plus.

I like KLM, Jernigan, and Tyson as a nice rotation behind the likely starters. Jernigan can come in on sub-packages and be disruptive on the interior. Urban might push for some snaps as well depending on his health.

Overall, it's a farily deep group, but outside of Ngata, I don't see any real difference makers. I think the Ravens need to use a heavy rotation to get the most out of them.

@gabefergy

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 112,117 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

Baltimore Sun: DeAngelo Tyson pushing for increased role in Ravens' defensive line rotation

http://www.baltimore...,0,776740.story

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners