#21 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,162 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

The laughable notion is how much you think you know about football.

I don't see what the issue is that we drafted a player because they can excel at multiple areas on defense. He wasn't a top 10 pick...he was a guy that DROPPED in the draft, likely because the idea of getting to the passer wasn't his strong suit.

The Ravens had just lost JJ who was very good at what they feel CU is very good at. I'm not sure what's so difficult here.

If you think the Ravens drafted a player who was only expected to set the edge at #35 overall you are a bigger idiot than your posts suggest.

I mean this is pretty basic stuff here. OLB rush the passer. It's their primary responsibility. I'm sure the Ravens did like how he can set the edge, but drafting an OLB that high who is only good on run downs makes no sense.

@gabefergy

#22 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,162 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:46 PM

Of course that's what was said...now, if he never develops into any kind of a pass rusher, he may not quite live up to what they hoped he would be but if he is a contributing player, like he was in his rookie year, calling him a bust would be moronic.

As Jason butt pointed out tonight, they even played in inside on the line in his rookie year....that's because of his ability to stop the run..at least that year.

They played him at DT because they thought maybe he could generate some sort of a pass-rush there as opposed to failing on the edge. He didn't play there on run downs.

@gabefergy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners