• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 21,440 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:13 PM

@musketeerreport: The Big East and Big Ten have announced a press conference for Monday at 12:30.

The Big East has been looking for a conference partner. I know they've been talking to the B1G but I thought the Pac12 would be an ideal choice given they don't have a challenge yet and they are partners with FOX.

EDIT: I guess I could have put this in the Terps section. Keep forgetting about that...

As a reminder, here are both conference's members. 4 Big Ten schools will likely not be a part of the challenge.

Big East: Butler, Creighton, DePaul, Georgetown, Marquette, Providence, Seton Hall, St. John's, VIllanova, Xavier

Big Ten: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Rutgers, Wisconsin

Lots of interesting matchups.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#2 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 21,440 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:34 PM

Coming in 2015-2016.

Kevin McNamara ‏@KevinMcNamara33 2m
Big East and Big Ten will begin a series to tip off season beginning in 2015-16 at campus sites. Event to honor Hall of Famer Dave Gavitt.

#3 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,404 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:46 PM

Nice. This should be highly entertaining.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#4 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,007 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:24 PM

Georgetown please.
  • Ricker Says likes this

#5 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 21,440 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:37 PM

Just saw a tweet that it will be 8 games between the two conferences.

#6 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 21,440 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:02 PM

Two games will be played on the first Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of the regular season, played at school home sites -- four at a Big East school, four at a Big Ten school.

Each Big East team will play a minimum of six times during the length of the eight-year deal, and each Big Ten program will participate at least four times.

Individual match-ups will be announced in the spring.

FOX Sports1 will televise the Big East home games; ESPN or the Big Ten Network will carry the home Big Ten contests.

http://espn.go.com/m...hallenge-series

A lot of the national guys are pushing regional rivalries (X-OSU, GTown-MD, Butler/IU) which is kind of a surprise. Perhaps they know something.

#7 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 13,232 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:34 PM

As long as this doesn't supplant the ACC/B1G Challenge, then sounds pretty sweet.

#8 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 21,440 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:57 PM

As long as this doesn't supplant the ACC/B1G Challenge, then sounds pretty sweet.

Does not from what I've read. B1G will have both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners