#1 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,306 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

http://baltimorespor...o-line-defense/

The big fellas that the Ravens held interviews with while at the combine in Indy. 

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,311 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

Not sure if the data exists, but how often do the Ravens end up drafting someone who they have met with?  A breakdown by round would be even more useful.

#3 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,306 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:54 PM

Not sure if the data exists, but how often do the Ravens end up drafting someone who they have met with? A breakdown by round would be even more useful.

Last year among the 20ish guys they interviewd, they met with Matt Elam, John Simon, and Rick Wagner. At least those are the ones I know for sure.
  • Mackus likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#4 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,306 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

Went back and looked at the list of guys they met with last year...

1st round: Lane Johnson, D.J. Fluker, Tavon Austin, Kenny Vaccarro, Matt Elam.

2nd round: Menelik Watson, Tank Carradine, D.J. Swearinger, Margus Hunt, Kevin Minter, Manti Teo. My guess is everyone they were interested in was taken, they had to "settle" for Arthur Brown.

3rd round: No one. My guess is they knew no one else was scouting Missouri Southern for Brandon Williams

4th round: William Gholston, John Simon. My guess is that since Gholston was taken just a few picks before Simon, they were confident either would have been available at that pick, and they'd be happy with either. Gholston played in 12 games last year for TB.

5th round: Oday Aboushi, Brandon Jenkins, Jesse Williams, Ricky Wagner. Jesse Williams took a tumble, mocked early to go late first round to Baltimore.

6th round: Corey Fuller, Josh Evans

7th round: No one

Undrafted: Lonny Pryor, Kevin Reddick.

So 11 meetings with potential 1st and 2nd rounders last year. They've met with 17 potential 1st and 2nd round picks, according to projections, this year. 

• Bmore Irish likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#5 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationAACo

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:23 PM

Borland definitely interests me a lot, especially if he's there as late as the 3rd round.

If Lewan fell to us I think I'd be pretty quick to pull the trigger on that pick, but I don't count on that one. I do like Zach Martin, seen him play a whole lot, but I just don't get the feeling that he'd go at #17, at least not over some of the other talents that are likely to still be available. He's a total trade back option though, or if he fell in the second...

@Bmore_Irish

#6 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,306 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:04 PM

Borland definitely interests me a lot, especially if he's there as late as the 3rd round.

If Lewan fell to us I think I'd be pretty quick to pull the trigger on that pick, but I don't count on that one. I do like Zach Martin, seen him play a whole lot, but I just don't get the feeling that he'd go at #17, at least not over some of the other talents that are likely to still be available. He's a total trade back option though, or if he fell in the second...

Definitely a lot of moving up and down the board going to happen in the next two months. If Borland falls because his arms are an inch or two shorter than normal, I'll gladly take him in the 3rd. There are more important traits in a LB that he possesses. 

Lewan is the top OT, IMO that could land in our lap, but it's looking more like he goes just after the top ten. If Martin fell back, I don't think he gets past the Panthers at #28 who just lost Jordan Gross. .

@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners