#1 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,230 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:56 PM

http://baltimorespor...tion-prospects/

The Ravens have met with at least 22 guys over the last few days at the Combine in Indy. Here's the skill position guys they want to get to know a little more before draft day.

• BSLChrisStoner, JohnnyK27, MattJergensen and 1 other like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 JohnnyK27

JohnnyK27

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

Nice article Mike! Thanks for the info
  • BSLMikeRandall likes this

#3 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

I think I read that they met with Beckham too.

Anyway, it's clear they are targeting a WR/TE early in the draft
  • BSLMikeRandall likes this

#4 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationAACo

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:05 PM

I agree 100% on West. God forbid he falls to us in the 4th, I'll be freaking out at the possibility.<br /><br />I really like Lee, Cooks, and Matthews a lot.<br /><br />I wonder though, would Cooks or Matthews make it to us in the 2nd if we went another direction in the 1st? I have my doubts about that, unless of course we traded back and still snagged a WR in the 1st.<br />

@Bmore_Irish

#5 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,230 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:43 PM

I think I read that they met with Beckham too.

Anyway, it's clear they are targeting a WR/TE early in the draft

I missed that one.
@BSLMikeRandall

#6 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,663 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

Carey ran a disappointing 40 time.
@BSLRobShields

#7 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,230 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:12 PM

Just wanted to add that the Ravens also met with TE prospect, C.J. Fidorowicz from Iowa. He's listed as a third or fourth round talent.

Fidorowicz was thought of as under utilized in college, but possesses the size and skill set to perform at the NFL level. He's 6'5", 265 lbs. He's got "soft hands...fast in a straight line" 

A "Physical and attentive blocker"

Looks like just the complement they need opposite Dennis Pitta, without spending the first round pick on Ebron or Amaro.

Finishing up the remainder of the list of interviewees, including the O-line and defensive prospects, which I'll have up tomorrow. 

• clapdiddy likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#8 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

I agree that it seems that they are looking at WR/TE, however, I also think a lot of these meetings are smokescreens.  I think they know exactly who they want in the 1st round, or at least who they are likely to end up with.  Hell, Nestor does, or used to do, a pre-draft meeting with Eric DeCosta (Don't listen to the Nestor any longer but actually liked this show) where he would put a name or 2 in a sealed envelope and from what I remember, would have the name of their 1st rounder within that group every time.  I see Matthews or Lewan as the pick with a WR as the second rounder.  I could also see CJ Mosely or even HaHa Dix being the pick if ether is there at 17.  I don't think it is as cut and dry a WR or TE as many believe.

#9 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,230 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

I agree that it seems that they are looking at WR/TE, however, I also think a lot of these meetings are smokescreens.  I think they know exactly who they want in the 1st round, or at least who they are likely to end up with.  Hell, Nestor does, or used to do, a pre-draft meeting with Eric DeCosta (Don't listen to the Nestor any longer but actually liked this show) where he would put a name or 2 in a sealed envelope and from what I remember, would have the name of their 1st rounder within that group every time.  I see Matthews or Lewan as the pick with a WR as the second rounder.  I could also see CJ Mosely or even HaHa Dix being the pick if ether is there at 17.  I don't think it is as cut and dry a WR or TE as many believe.

I wouldn't say smokescreen. It's probably as simple as judging character. Of course they centered their choices around who they are likely to land. They didn't bother with Sammy Watkins or anything.

Matthews will probably be gone before the Ravens pick. Lewan is looking that way as well, but it's close. Zack Martin could be there, or they could trade back and land Kouandjio or Morgan Moses in the early second.
@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners