122 replies to this topic

#101 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

I've read stuff that said he is a great fit for ZBS.

#102 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

BTW....as much as I like Lewan and would be happy with him, there is just a lot of depth at OL. Good talent in the top 100. Especially, since whoever we draft will just be a RT.

Now , as I've said before, I want an OT in this draft, but I'm willing to wait til the 2nd or 3rd round.

#103 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 114,471 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

Baltimore Ravens.com: Mock Draft Spotlight: Mosley
http://www.baltimore...09-fae8aaba2599

Baltimore Ravens.com: Clinton-Dix or Pryor

http://www.baltimore...71-2ddb80170221

Baltimore Ravens.com: Kiper: Tackles won't last until 17
http://www.baltimore...90-4275cb47943f

#104 JohnnyK27

JohnnyK27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,919 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:40 AM

I just don't know how a 5'7" safety will do in the NFl...I would much rather the a Ravens find a way to get Ward in the 2nd.

#105 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

Get the ballhawk in Ward. Kid is gonna be a player at the next level.

#106 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 114,471 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:15 AM

Sports on Earth: Mock Draft, Mach Three
http://www.sportsone...-johnny-manziel

Mike Tanier (regular BSL Radio guest, on with Rob & Mike tonight actually)... Russ Lande (another BSL Radio guest), and Dan Pompei.

Mike Tanier:
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
Alabama S Ozzie Newsome drafts a Tide defender who fills a moderate roster need. C'mon, not all the picks can be flashes of insane inspiration, folks. I just made the Cowboys draft a quarterback, for heaven's sake.

Dan Pompei
C.J. Mosley
Alabama LB Mosley could be taken higher than this based on his abilities. He would be a nice fit in Baltimore, where former Crimson Tide players always get a good look. Mosley could be the new Ray Lewis. Zack Martin also could interest the Ravens if he still is available, as they are looking to fill a hole created by Michael Oher's departure. The Ravens need a safety, but they have little chance of getting one of the top two safeties at 17. Taking another one here like Jimmie Ward probably would be a reach. The Ravens usually are disciplined and smart about not reaching for need.

Russ Lande
Morgan Moses
Virginia OT After trading for left tackle Eugene Monroe a year ago, it was clear that right tackle Michael Oher would not be returning, and he left via free agency this offseason. Moses should be able to step in as a rookie, which gives the Ravens a young tackle to develop and replace Monroe in three or four years. It is vital for Baltimore to provide better pass protection going forward, because Joe Flacco struggles with consistency when he has to move his feet to avoid pressure.      

#107 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:29 AM

They aren't taking Morgan at 17. That's pretty ridiculous.

As we've talked about here in recent days, CB seems more and more like a real possibility. It's a position still highly valued in today's NFL and Webb has already torn both ACLs and is starting to get expensive.

I've seen 4 guys at one time or another mocked in the top 20. Gilbert, Dennard, Roby, and Fuller.

I'm close to making a stance that if we stay at 17 that our pick is 90% be CB, WR, or OT.

The 10% would cover the chance that Clinton Dix dropped that far or that we would pull the trigger on a slipping Barr or Mosley , who I'm on record saying we would pass on.
  • BSLMikeRandall likes this

#108 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,759 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:33 AM

They aren't taking Morgan at 17. That's pretty ridiculous.

As we've talked about here in recent days, CB seems like a real possibility. It's a position valued in today's NFL.

I've seen 4 guys at one time or another mocked in the top 20. Gilbert, Dennard, Roby, and Fuller.

Right. I havent seen many mocks that have Morgan in the first round. Plus, he's not an athletic type, not a good lateral mover for ZBS.
@BSLMikeRandall

#109 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,333 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

I'd rather have Moses than Martin in today's NFL. 

Moses is pretty light on his feet and has reportedly lost a good deal of weight since the end of the season. 

• Dupin likes this
@gabefergy

#110 JohnnyK27

JohnnyK27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,919 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

Sports on Earth: Mock Draft, Mach Threehttp://www.sportsone...-johnny-manziel

Mike Tanier (regular BSL Radio guest, on with Rob & Mike tonight actually)... Russ Lande (another BSL Radio guest), and Dan Pompei.

Mike Tanier:Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
Alabama S Ozzie Newsome drafts a Tide defender who fills a moderate roster need. C'mon, not all the picks can be flashes of insane inspiration, folks. I just made the Cowboys draft a quarterback, for heaven's sake.
Dan PompeiC.J. Mosley
Alabama LB Mosley could be taken higher than this based on his abilities. He would be a nice fit in Baltimore, where former Crimson Tide players always get a good look. Mosley could be the new Ray Lewis. Zack Martin also could interest the Ravens if he still is available, as they are looking to fill a hole created by Michael Oher's departure. The Ravens need a safety, but they have little chance of getting one of the top two safeties at 17. Taking another one here like Jimmie Ward probably would be a reach. The Ravens usually are disciplined and smart about not reaching for need.
Russ LandeMorgan MosesVirginia OT After trading for left tackle Eugene Monroe a year ago, it was clear that right tackle Michael Oher would not be returning, and he left via free agency this offseason. Moses should be able to step in as a rookie, which gives the Ravens a young tackle to develop and replace Monroe in three or four years. It is vital for Baltimore to provide better pass protection going forward, because Joe Flacco struggles with consistency when he has to move his feet to avoid pressure.      

The new Ray Lewis.... ;)

#111 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

I'd rather have Moses than Martin in today's NFL. 

Moses is pretty light on his feet and has reportedly lost a good deal of weight since the end of the season. 

I'd second this.  You can't coach size, and I think he's quick enough on his feet to play RT.  I think he's a guy who'll get better in the league.

#112 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:46 PM

I might rather have Moses in the 2nd than martin in the first. Not straight up Moses over Martin.

Juwan James is my preferred guy. In the 2nd.  First round we go CB or WR if we stay at 17. If we move back into the 20s Im pulling the trigger on Ward. Have no hesitations there.

#113 JohnnyK27

JohnnyK27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,919 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:54 PM

In their latest

Kiper -Ebron ..... I don't see Ebron falling to us ....what surprising is the he has Barr falling all the way to 25. I just don't see a guy with his potential getting passed up.

McShay-Martin....I still think we can get a good RT later...if they draft a. RT in round 1 I'm thinking they trade back.

#114 esporter

esporter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:27 AM

Kiper and McShay have really soured on Barr. I listen to their First Draft podcast and they've talked a lot about him recently. Criticized his effort against the run, "offensive player" mentality, lack of pass rush moves, etc.

Have compared him to Aaron Maybin and guys like that, guys that never learned to convert speed to power.

wordsbyevanporter.com

@esporter

#115 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:34 AM

Kiper and McShay have really soured on Barr. I listen to their First Draft podcast and they've talked a lot about him recently. Criticized his effort against the run, "offensive player" mentality, lack of pass rush moves, etc.

Have compared him to Aaron Maybin and guys like that, guys that never learned to convert speed to power.

These have been concerns for a while. He's new to the game and just lacks those instincts, and he might never get them. That's why the Maybin and Gholston comparisons are fair. I'd much rather have the Attaochu kid from Georgia Tech.

#116 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

Yeah, we should and will pass on Barr at 17.

#117 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,333 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:07 PM

There is definitely some truth to that, but Barr has elite measurables and shows flashes of plays that wow you. He doesn't have questions about work ethic or desire, it's just his inexperience could hurt him in the draft.

I don't understand why Barr is being picked apart by some (mostly McShay), while other players have similar flaws that are completely ignored. 

I would be much more hesitant to draft Khalil Mack who never faced quality competition and did not always dominate even average opponents. He doesnt have the size and speed of Barr, but he is still lauded as some amazing talent.

@gabefergy

#118 JohnnyK27

JohnnyK27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,919 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:51 PM

There is definitely some truth to that, but Barr has elite measurables and shows flashes of plays that wow you. He doesn't have questions about work ethic or desire, it's just his inexperience could hurt him in the draft.

I don't understand why Barr is being picked apart by some (mostly McShay), while other players have similar flaws that are completely ignored. 

I would be much more hesitant to draft Khalil Mack who never faced quality competition and did not always dominate even average opponents. He doesnt have the size and speed of Barr, but he is still lauded as some amazing talent.

Don't know what happened to my post...but I think I read that some knocks on Barr are that he is an "I" guy. And they don't feel he's very mature.

#119 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,333 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:21 PM

Don't know what happened to my post...but I think I read that some knocks on Barr are that he is an "I" guy. And they don't feel he's very mature.

That's not what I have seen. 

@gabefergy

#120 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:29 PM

I have literally never seen that. All the negatives on Barr that I have seen are because of his inexperience at the position.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners