3611 replies to this topic

#3601 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 9,129 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 14 December 2019 - 12:04 AM

Finally caught up with It Chapter 2. Long, boring repeat of the first. Some decent scenes but don’t see the reason it had to be made. The first one was solid and stands up on its own. These characters as adults don’t work.

#3602 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,117 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 03:32 PM

I know Adam Driver is in Star Wars. But I think he’s taken some big steps. Really liked Logan Lucky and BlacKKKlansman. Watched The Report and Marriage Story and he was great in those too. His range is phenomenal. Is he considered A-list in Hollywood? Because he should be.
@BSLMikeRandall

#3603 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 9,129 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:31 AM

I know Adam Driver is in Star Wars. But I think he’s taken some big steps. Really liked Logan Lucky and BlacKKKlansman. Watched The Report and Marriage Story and he was great in those too. His range is phenomenal. Is he considered A-list in Hollywood? Because he should be.

At this point I think he is based on his past couple years of work.

He was also great in The Dead Don’t Die, a horror-comedy about zombies.

#3604 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:41 AM

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#3605 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,922 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 10:42 AM

Looks legit.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#3606 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,922 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 08:43 AM

Watched Ad Astra last night. Big fan of James Gray and Brad Pitt but this wasn't one of my favorites from either of them. Very understated film, big events don't seem to register much...maybe that was intentional, but I needed more oomph at certain points. Scenery and visuals are great though, and offers a cool look at what the future of space travel could be. I'd probably give it *** out of **** but closer to ** than ****.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#3607 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 9,129 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 04 January 2020 - 07:04 AM

Uncut Gems is great, one of my favorites of the year.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#3608 tennOsfan

tennOsfan

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  • LocationJonesborough, TN

Posted 07 January 2020 - 10:28 PM

I adored Uncut Gems. May go see it again. Brilliant filmmaking. Frentic pace throughout, always keeping my interest.

I also enjoyed the Richard Jewell film.

Knives Out is ok but nothing special IMO.

#3609 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 08:05 AM

1917 is maybe the most beautifully shot film I've ever seen. A real technical masterclass. See this on the big screen. Deakins is a God.
@DaKittenz

#3610 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

Movie & MMA Analyst

• Moderators
  • 9,129 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 13 January 2020 - 03:47 PM

1917 is maybe the most beautifully shot film I've ever seen. A real technical masterclass. See this on the big screen. Deakins is a God.

Seeing it on Friday, looking forward to it.

#3611 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,909 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 15 January 2020 - 01:32 PM

Holy cow go to IMDB and check out Roger Deakins cinematography credits it's an amazing list! 14 Oscar Noms and didn't get a win until Blade Runner 2049 unreal!

#3612 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,922 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 09:55 AM

Bad Boys for Life was a lot of fun. Much better than the first one but still doesn’t live up to the original. I’m surprised it’s this good, 17 years since the last one and being released in Dumpuary. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners