#1 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,134 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:06 PM

http://baltimorespor...ble-hello-2014/

Capping off 2013 by mulling over a number of subjects.

• BSLChrisStoner and Ricker Says like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 111,133 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:49 PM

Collectively a good group of questions, with excellent answers.

Some public thanks to the four of you for not only this article, but the work you compiled covering the Ravens as a team this year.

• Ricker Says, MattJergensen, BSLMikeRandall and 2 others like this

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 111,133 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

Where do you agree, disagree with our Ravens Analysts?

#4 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

I'm reading it in bits, but I agree with Dan's assertion that Free Safety is a pretty big need.  I don't think you have to look hard to find one either and moving Elam to SS will help us against the run and middle routes.

@Miller192

#5 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:46 PM

Move Webb to FS. It's probably his best position at this point.

#6 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,160 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:06 PM

I don't think Webb needs to be moved.  He played awful the final game, but was really solid for most of the year once he had his legs back under him.

I agree that he'd make a very good free safety, but it's a misuse of his talents.  Unless someone like Asa Jackson explodes and is ready to take over one of the starting corner spots (and if he was we would've seen him play when his suspension ended), I'd rather need to go find a FS in free agency rather than a 2nd CB to pair with Jimmy Smith.

#7 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,339 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:12 PM

I think Webb gets paid a little bit too much to be a FS, but if he does end up reworking his deal as Preston had suggested it's not completely out of the question.  It obviously let's Pees do a lot more with Webb being FS.  We can maintain Cover 0 in our base set or even drop Elam deep from time to time in a Cover 1.  

Webb's versatility is his strong point.  He's got good hands.  And he's physical when he needs to be.  But I agree with Mackus, a 2nd or 3rd (if you let Graham come back and start) is probably a bit more difficult to find than a FS.

#8 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,224 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:28 PM

I don't think Webb needs to be moved.  He played awful the final game, but was really solid for most of the year once he had his legs back under him.

I agree that he'd make a very good free safety, but it's a misuse of his talents.  Unless someone like Asa Jackson explodes and is ready to take over one of the starting corner spots (and if he was we would've seen him play when his suspension ended), I'd rather need to go find a FS in free agency rather than a 2nd CB to pair with Jimmy Smith.

Agreed...The idea of moving Webb to FS is at least a year away IMO.

He will be another year removed from the surgery next year.  I actually think he played pretty damn well as a whole this season, considering he entered the year less than a year removed from the injury.

Next year will tell a lot.

@BSLRobShields

#9 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,224 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

Lock up J Smith this offseason, if he is willing.

@BSLRobShields

#10 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,160 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

Lock up J Smith this offseason, if he is willing.

I agree completely.  I think Jimmy and Torrey Smith should be bigger priorities than any of the current free agents, including Pitta.

#11 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,224 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:15 PM

I agree completely.  I think Jimmy and Torrey Smith should be bigger priorities than any of the current free agents, including Pitta.

I will be surprised if the Ravens value Torrie Smith at Mike Wallace(or better) numbers.  I think he walks.

@BSLRobShields

#12 ChrisWorthington

ChrisWorthington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

I will be surprised if the Ravens value Torrie Smith at Mike Wallace(or better) numbers.  I think he walks.

Do you think other teams value him at that kind of number? Honestly, $$ and cap and that sort of thing isn't usually my forte. I tend not to pay much attention. If that's the kind of market Torrey has when he becomes a free agent, no reason the Ravens should pay him unless he has improved significantly.

#13 DanBryden

DanBryden
  • Members
  • 440 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

Agreed...The idea of moving Webb to FS is at least a year away IMO.

He will be another year removed from the surgery next year.  I actually think he played pretty damn well as a whole this season, considering he entered the year less than a year removed from the injury.

Next year will tell a lot.

Webb actually played Safety a bit this season.  Usually spot duty out of an abnormal alignment.  I'll go back to try to find those snaps.

• BSLMikeRandall likes this
Follow me on Twitter: @All22Bryden

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners