Photo

BSL: Four teams, one spot. Anyone deserve it?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,945 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:57 AM

http://baltimorespor...anyone-deserve/

A look at each of the four remaining AFC teams eligible for the #6 seed. No one has an advantage over the other. Nothing that happens in week 17 would shock me.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,077 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:01 AM

I think Miami, SD and Pittsburgh are more deserving, honestly.

Miami and SD have some good quality wins and Pittsburgh has overcome a bad start to the season. They're the best team in the mix, actually.

The Ravens don't deserve it. Just one quality win and a bunch of crazy close wins against mediocre teams.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#3 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 82,123 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:19 AM

Miami and SD have some good quality wins and Pittsburgh has overcome a bad start to the season. They're the best team in the mix, actually.

The Ravens don't deserve it. Just one quality win and a bunch of crazy close wins against mediocre teams.

Those teams don't deserve it anymore than the Ravens do.

None of these teams are that good....So, to say team X deserves it over team Y is false.

I mean, the Ravens had all the SB obligations, injuries, teams treating their games as the biggest game of the year, etc...and they still could end up 9-7.

We beat Miami at their place, so they obviously don't deserve to be in over us.

• BSLChrisStoner and Mackus like this
@BSLRobShields

#4 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,945 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

I agree. If this was a vote to see who gets in, the Ravens are out.

@BSLMikeRandall

#5 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,945 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:30 AM

Those teams don't deserve it anymore than the Ravens do.

None of these teams are that good....So, to say team X deserves it over team Y is false.

I mean, the Ravens had all the SB obligations, injuries, teams treating their games as the biggest game of the year, etc...and they still could end up 9-7.

We beat Miami at their place, so they obviously don't deserve to be in over us.

I agree with this as well. Every team has flaws. 

Although Miami, SD and Pitt all had plenty of injuries to go around. No shortage of distractions in Miami either. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#6 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,327 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

We played pretty much an entire season with our offense centered around Torrey Smith, two RBs averaging about 3 YPC, an undrafted rookie WR, two ancient has beens in Dallas Clark and Brandon Stokley, plus stone hands Ed Dickson. Also, we missed over a months worth of our best weapon on offense if you count KR/PR in Jacoby Jones.

Not to mention the debacle that has been our OL.

The fact that we've still got a slim chance to make the dance is pretty impressive, all things considered.

• ChrisWorthington and primetime like this

#7 MattJergensen

MattJergensen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:54 PM

It's never a matter of deserve. At least not to me.

But the Ravens have put themselves in this position. Gotta beat the Bengals on the road and get some help t keep the playoff streak going.

Either way it will be very interesting for us to recap this season Mike. There were many decisions that you could question looking back at it.

#8 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,945 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:43 PM

It's never a matter of deserve. At least not to me.

But the Ravens have put themselves in this position. Gotta beat the Bengals on the road and get some help t keep the playoff streak going.

Either way it will be very interesting for us to recap this season Mike. There were many decisions that you could question looking back at it.

Sure, football is a tough game, and the teams that make the playoffs deserve it. I guess what I was looking for was, is there a team in the mix who is better than their record might suggest it is.  

@BSLMikeRandall

#9 MattJergensen

MattJergensen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

You are what your record says you are.  :mrgreen:

I understand what you mean though. I'd only be upset by some odd happenstance if the Stillers slid into the tournament.

#10 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,077 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

Which team would make the most noise in the playoffs out of Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Miami or San Diego?

I vote Pittsburgh.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#11 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,140 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

Which team would make the most noise in the playoffs out of Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Miami or San Diego?

I vote Pittsburgh.

Agreed. They have the best QB. And WR's.

@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#12 BSLSeanJester

BSLSeanJester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,077 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

Agreed. They have the best QB. And WR's.

Thats kind of how I based my vote on who deserved it. They're playing their best football now.

Doesn't excuse their poor start but since they got Bell back they've been pretty solid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners