#1 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,121 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:54 PM

http://baltimorespor...en-afc-week-16/

Ravens got their gift. Bengals lose, Ravens win, AFC North title is still in play. So many scenarios could play out where the Ravens can win the #2 seed and a first round bye, or even lose out and still get in at 8-8. 

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:38 AM

Crucial week here.

If Miami and SD lose and  we win we  would have a playoff spot locked up. If we lose and SD and Miami win we'll pretty much be done.

#3 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,229 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:52 AM

If the Ravens and Cinci both lose, is week 17 still winner take all?

@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#4 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,121 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

If the Ravens and Cinci both lose, is week 17 still winner take all?

Yes. In that scenario the Ravens would be 9-7 with loss to NE a win in Cincy, and the Bengals would be 9-7 by losing out. Ravens have h2h tie breaker by winning both games against them. If Miami finishes with the same record as Cincy, Dolohins have the h2h tie breaker there for the WC. Cincy could very well get the division or nothing.
@BSLMikeRandall

#5 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,135 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:34 AM

Chiefs need to win this week too.

If they do, regardless of what Denver does, that means KC has something to play for in week 17, when they play SD. So, that is something to watch.
@BSLRobShields

#6 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:54 AM

Yeah, you definitely want KC playing for something Week 17 against SD. Assuming SD wins this week. (they should).

Pisses me off that NE and Den both shit the bed this week. If they had won, we'd only need to win one of these last two. It's now probable we will need to win both of them.

#7 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,135 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:02 AM

I think Miami loses in Buffalo and if they have something to play for, I think KC beats SD.
@BSLRobShields

#8 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:17 AM

I think if  the Ravens want to make another run in the playoffs then they need to win the last two and take the division so they get a home game in the first round.  I don't think this team has what it takes to win 3 straight on the road, could they yes, but I like their chances much better if they get at least one home game.

#9 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:24 AM

Miami will clearly be favorites their last two games against Buf and NY. My hope is because they are division games that will give both NY and Buf a chance to win. But betting on Manuel and Geno to find a win seems really stupid.

The good thing is by the time we play Sun we'll know what Cin and Miami have already done.

#10 Bosibus

Bosibus
  • Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:41 PM

I don't think Manuel is playing

#11 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,135 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:47 PM

I don't think Manuel is playing

Well that sucks.

@BSLRobShields

#12 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,322 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

Spiller and Jackson look the best they have all year.  Let's hope they keep that up.

#13 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,121 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:21 PM

KC is playing the Colts. Another reason we want KC to win is that if Baltimore wins the division, maybe they get the three seed. Means not going to Denver in the divisional round. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#14 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,109 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:00 PM

I was playing around with the NFL playoff machine on ESPN, and I came across an outcome I did not expect.

If the Ravens, Dolphins, Bengals, Pats, and Colts all end up 10-6 it bumped the Dolphins to the #2 seed.

I thought this was odd because we had the head to head with the Dolphins, but because it was a 3 way tie among Division Winners, the tiebreak goes to Miami for their conference record.

So in reality, it will be very tough to come across the #2 seed and a first round bye unless NE loses out and Miami loses one of their next two or Indy loses out.

@gabefergy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners