#1 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,143 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:04 PM

http://baltimorespor...brown-get-shot/

His skill set that made him a second round pick matches up well with the strengths of Adrian Peterson. Now's the time to move him up the depth chart.

@BSLMikeRandall

#2 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,121 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:40 PM

I'm all for getting Brown more playing time, but I am not sure I agree that this is the week to make it happen. I would rather see him out there more frequently in our nickel package than in base D. His strengths thus far have been in coverage and as a blitzer. I am a huge fan of Brown too. He is our future at LB, but I like the way he is being eased into his role and being played to his strengths. 

Meanwhile, Bynes has been our best run stopping LB by far. I'm not sure why you would want to take him off the field against the most prolific running back of his generation. 

@gabefergy

#3 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,143 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:26 PM

I'm all for getting Brown more playing time, but I am not sure I agree that this is the week to make it happen. I would rather see him out there more frequently in our nickel package than in base D. His strengths thus far have been in coverage and as a blitzer. I am a huge fan of Brown too. He is our future at LB, but I like the way he is being eased into his role and being played to his strengths. 

Meanwhile, Bynes has been our best run stopping LB by far. I'm not sure why you would want to take him off the field against the most prolific running back of his generation. 

You may be right. Dumervil being listed as doubtful, which likely means out, may mean we see more of Brown as a blitzer like you said. I feel like the if Brown plays a lot and still gets exploited as a rookie, the Vikings still aren't good enough to win. 

I wouldn't suggest something like moving Elam to CB next week to man up on Megatron, because the Lions are a capable team.  But if Brown could see more snaps this week we could gauge his progress a little better. Even if poor, I think the Ravens still control the game.

I'm just basing Brown's skill set as a run stopper on what we saw from college, since he hasn't played a lot except for special tams and passing downs here. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#4 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,121 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:51 AM

You may be right. Dumervil being listed as doubtful, which likely means out, may mean we see more of Brown as a blitzer like you said. I feel like the if Brown plays a lot and still gets exploited as a rookie, the Vikings still aren't good enough to win. 

I wouldn't suggest something like moving Elam to CB next week to man up on Megatron, because the Lions are a capable team.  But if Brown could see more snaps this week we could gauge his progress a little better. Even if poor, I think the Ravens still control the game.

I'm just basing Brown's skill set as a run stopper on what we saw from college, since he hasn't played a lot except for special tams and passing downs here. 

Brown was definitely a strong run defender in college. He took on blocks well and was able to make plays. Like I said, I think he is going to be a future star LB who will play all the downs.

I guess I just trust that right now the coaches know what they have in him and think Bynes/McClain offer more in run support. The one knock on Brown coming out of college was his size which might be part of the reason he is playing more of a 3rd down role to this point. NFL lineman are a bit bigger than the players he was going up against in college.

It could very well be that the Ravens completely dominate this game, but I have seen AD take over football games as well. If I'm the Ravens coaching staff, I want to do everything I can to make sure he never gets going, Maybe if the game does become a bit one-sided we will see a heavier dose of Arthur in the second half.

• BSLMikeRandall likes this
@gabefergy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners