BSLSeanJester

Restaurant / Travel Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,790 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:13 AM

Nicole Baker is gorgeous.

• BSLBobPhelan likes this

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#1942 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,864 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:17 AM

Breaking News: @wjz has just learned that mayor Catherine Pugh will resign effective today. We have more in our local news update coming up for you at 8:55am.

Why the rush??

#1943 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:38 PM

D5lfUULX4AI-z9V.jpg

#1944 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:44 PM

So Jack Young will be the 4th mayor in 9 years....

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#1945 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,914 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:55 PM

So Jack Young will be the 4th mayor in 9 years....

He blamed Red Sox fans for starting the riots four years ago. I'm sure he's just the right guy to turn things around down there.  :grin:

@BSLMikeRandall

#1946 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:56 PM

If/when Sheila Dixon wins in 2020, does that count as a fifth mayor?

#1947 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,914 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:04 PM

New Mayor Jack Young......is in Detroit. lol. 

Is this real life?

@BSLMikeRandall

#1948 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,241 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:15 PM

If/when Sheila Dixon wins in 2020, does that count as a fifth mayor?

Grover-Cleveland.jpg

"Hmm...tough question."

@DJ_McCann

#1949 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:58 PM

Man I came in here to say, "I can't wait for Sheila Dixon to make her triumphant return" and yall beat me to it.

#1950 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,241 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:50 PM

https://twitter.com/...059882204934163

To everyone coming @ me and demanding a season six of The Wire about Catherine Pugh, her ridiculous kiddie-books-as-shakedown and the rank complicity of Baltimore medical systems and charities and such in this citywide grift, let's be clear: 

Full stop. No. I don't do half-hour.

@DJ_McCann

#1951 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 03:05 PM

This past Tuesday, I went to Bmore (Hamilton area) to visit my mother. I had Google Map on just for the heck of it. To my surprise, once I entered city limits. I got 3 Google Alerts of Speed Camera ahead. I'm pretty good at obeying the speed limits but it is good knowing where the cameras are. Just maybe I'll keep it on in the city...

• BSLMikeRandall likes this

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#1952 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,914 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 03:49 PM

This past Tuesday, I went to Bmore (Hamilton area) to visit my mother. I had Google Map on just for the heck of it. To my surprise, once I entered city limits. I got 3 Google Alerts of Speed Camera ahead. I'm pretty good at obeying the speed limits but it is good knowing where the cameras are. Just maybe I'll keep it on in the city...

Same thing happened when I recently visited family in Atlanta. We turned onto a street and google maps cautioned us of a speed trap a mile ahead. Sure enough, around a bend, sitting there was two cops, one shooting radar, one flagging people over. Once we passed, google asked us if the trap was still there. I guess once they get a “no” or two they take the notification down.

I wonder if this works on the interstate, because knowing where the smokeys are, I could make our annual drive to St.Louis in record time. About 850 miles, love to do it in around 8 hours instead of 13.
@BSLMikeRandall

#1953 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:33 PM

According to this article from 1/20/2019 on Google Maps, new features have been added that includes speed limits on the roads and allowing users to post speed traps.So as long as someone post speed traps on interstate roads, I guess it would work on their.

https://www.digitalt...g-speed-limits/

Same thing happened when I recently visited family in Atlanta. We turned onto a street and google maps cautioned us of a speed trap a mile ahead. Sure enough, around a bend, sitting there was two cops, one shooting radar, one flagging people over. Once we passed, google asked us if the trap was still there. I guess once they get a “no” or two they take the notification down.

I wonder if this works on the interstate, because knowing where the smokeys are, I could make our annual drive to St.Louis in record time. About 850 miles, love to do it in around 8 hours instead of 13.

#1954 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,241 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 08:09 AM

I know Google owns Waze, which already does a lot of this stuff (which is why I use it), so I guess they are starting to integrate some of those features.

@DJ_McCann

#1955 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 08:34 AM

39 year ago today. Mount St Helen before and after...

vkx1atwj23f11.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

#1956 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 11:45 AM

A Sentinel of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier placing small US flags in the ground as torrential rains and wind gusts occur...

https://www.facebook...464461996911228

61070329_2464459610244800_18805813235259

#1957 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,193 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:24 PM

Strong storms came through Perry Hall tonight. Trees down everywhere. Lots of damage to houses.

However, watching the brunt of the storm was pretty cool. The winds and rain were impressive to see.
@BSLRobShields

#1958 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,241 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:14 PM

Ok, I have a scenario.

As Chris said, one of the biggest issues that has faced the city for decades is the loss of the tax base. As wealthier residents have moved to the suburbs, the city has been less able to afford the costs of providing essential services to the remaining population--policing, firefighting, road repair, etc.--let alone anything beyond that might help people position themselves better for their future.

So lets say someone comes up with a workable plan that involves two main parts:

1. Consolidation of the City and the inner County--northeast to the Big Gunpowder, southwest to the Patapsco, and north and northwest in an arc-ish surrounding Hunt Valley, Owings Mills, and Randallstown. The rest of Baltimore County will be divided somehow east-west along York Road/83 and be split between Harford and Carroll counties. The police and fire departments will consolidate, and the city schools will come under the administration of the county schools.

2. Some form of non-resident fee for those outside of the city who wish to use its amenities. Maybe an income tax on outside workers employed in the city. Maybe a sales tax on anyone paying with a credit or debit account with a billing address outside of the city. Maybe some combination of these and other ideas.

These would be phased-in over time, and have analysts predict them to at least ease many of the issues by giving the new consolidated city expanded resources. There could even be some form of charter change as a compromise to force changes in leadership--bringing in a city manager, maybe?

The SunTo save Baltimore city, merge it with the county

@DJ_McCann

#1959 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 06:20 AM

remembering_d-day_1944a.jpg?w=420

#1960 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 06:28 AM

d_day_then_and_now73.jpg?w=420

Rangers Scale The Cliffs Of Pointe Du Hoc Again

POINTE-DU-HOC-06-05-2019.jpg

https://www.strategy...0605193353.aspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners