• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 110,278 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

The hosts are Matt Jergensen, and Mike Randall.

Topics include: State of the Ravens at the Bye, Juan Castillo, Special Teams, Running Backs, AFC North and much more.

The guests tonight are John Eisenberg from Baltimore Ravens.com, and Kevin Van Valkenburg.

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 110,278 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

http://baltimorespor...de-52-bye-week/

#3 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:13 AM

Very good question about Huff. Whether Webb moves inside or not Huff needs to get another chance. I believe he got good grades as a CB last year when he was forced there because of the injuries Oak had at CB. It's hard for me to believe he would be worse than Graham as our nickel. I know jkough was an advocate of playing Huff at Cb going into the season. He may in fact be a better CB, at least a nickel CB, than a safety.   

• BSLChrisStoner and BSLMikeRandall like this

#4 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

First let me say I like Kevin and John. I think they both are really good at their jobs.

That said, too many excuses for Harbaugh and this coaching staff. Yes, both are right that execution is a big issue and KVV made a great point about the coaches knowing more than me and having a different perspective than the fans. Still, I don't know how you are giving this coaching staff a C grade, or in the case of Eisenberg, pretty much  giving them a complete pass.

#5 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 82,657 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

Very good question about Huff. Whether Webb moves inside or not Huff needs to get another chance. I believe he got good grades as a CB last year when he was forced there because of the injuries Oak had at CB. It's hard for me to believe he would be worse than Graham as our nickel. I know jkough was an advocate of playing Huff at Cb going into the season. He may in fact be a better CB, at least a nickel CB, than a safety.   

This is a good point.

Graham has been terrible this year...I wonder if Huff is a better option in that spot?

@BSLRobShields

#6 jkough1

jkough1

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,235 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

A couple of thoughts from the podcast:

1.  We really needed this bye.  Time to make a decision about Shipley.  Rice, Huff, Pierce, KO, Yanda, Webb, Pitta, Ngata all needed some time to get healthy it was good time for us.  Also gives them some time to reboot what is playing in what positions.  

2.  I think Eisenberg is spot on about the deep ball.  The completions haven't been there.  I also think he's right that everyone else just needs to play better.  He makes a great point about how Flacco is right now by far the most talented player on the Ravens offense.  

As for the thread:  I also think Ihedibgo is a huge liability on passing downs.  I'd have to believe that Huff gives you some good range and if he plays a strict CF type FS role during passing downs you could bring Ihedigbo in for the rushing type downs.  At this point if you like him so much against the run for his physicality you'd also have to believe that he could do a better job than our other ILBs have and you could use a 3-3-5 type formation with Ihebidgo essentially playing the 4th linebacker role.

In those situations you move Elam to SS.  FS is a difficult position to play in the quarters style the Ravens like to use though.  And I'm not sure Huff or Elam have adequately replaced what Reed was able to do from that position against the pass.

I'm not sure these differences would be huge, but I think even a few small changes could end up paying reasonable dividends in preventing just a few of the big plays that we've seen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners