#1 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,697 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

http://baltimorespor...eport-game-two/

Who moved up, and who is moving down after their performances last night.

• BSLChrisStoner and BSLBobPhelan like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 80,731 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

I have seen some completed passes on Smith but with good coverage as well.

Sometimes, the QB is just better than you.

@BSLRobShields

#3 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,697 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:15 AM

I have seen some completed passes on Smith but with good coverage as well.

Sometimes, the QB is just better than you.

I get that. It's the WRs job to sell you on one route then change directions on you as well. Julio did a great job with that on the first catch he made. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#4 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

Nah I said in the other thread that Smith is all talent and no instincts.  The fact that we're still debating the merits of a 1st round pick with his size/speed combination is pretty telling.  He isn't putrid but I have a hard time making him anything more than a #3 on my depth chart.

As for Jacoby Jones, I am not seeing what you are seeing.  His route running blows (He runs a 3 yard route when they need 4 for a first.), his hands are like stone and he is afraid to catch a ball across the middle.  That throw that Flacco had picked, albeit a throw made in traffic, was alligator armed by Jones.  Boldin and Pitta make that catch.  In fact, both INT's for Joe this preseason were on balls that Jones should have had.  The first one was a comebacker that he didn't come back for.  Let the man do what he does best, return kicks and run the go route.  Don't pull a Cameron and try to force a square peg into a round hole.

#5 MattJergensen

MattJergensen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

I'm not a fan of Jones either. I think he works well as a #3 or #4 stretching the field but his route running is questionable. I'm still wondering on the INT from Flacco yesterday if it was a product of Joe trying to squeeze the ball into too tight an area or Jones.

I think Smith is ok as the Nickel. Not what you expect from a first rounder but that's what he is now.

#6 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,005 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:07 PM

I get that. It's the WRs job to sell you on one route then change directions on you as well. Julio did a great job with that on the first catch he made.

I don't think that play was even man coverage. I'm pretty sure it was cover 3 or quarters, in which case that throw will be there and is pretty indefensible given Jimmy's responsibility.
@gabefergy

#7 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 80,731 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

Smith is a guy that all of a sudden, could just have things click.

He has such little time on the field in the NfL, that he is still learning.

Things may never click for him but its way too premature to think he won't be good.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLRobShields

#8 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,697 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:38 PM

I don't think that play was even man coverage. I'm pretty sure it was cover 3 or quarters, in which case that throw will be there and is pretty indefensible given Jimmy's responsibility.

Probably right
@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners