35 replies to this topic

#21 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,803 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

Welcome back? If it comes down to it, of course. But we definitely don't need him.
@BSLMikeRandall

#22 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,632 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:44 PM

I am a big Leach fan but if we are going to use a FB less, but still want a traditional one, than maybe we should save about a million dollars and sign Lawrence Vickers.  Not as good as Leach but maybe the million or so saved can be used somewhere else.

That said, I would not be upset to see Vonta come back.

@mikeghg

#23 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 114,729 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:36 AM

Russell Street Report: Roster projection
http://russellstreet...er-version-1-0/

#24 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,803 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

Pretty solid. We'll have more questions answered as camp begins I hope.

@BSLMikeRandall

#25 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

Why would you even try to project the 53 man roster before TC starts.

#26 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 114,729 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

Why would you even try to project the 53 man roster before TC starts.

Why not? Injuries can obviously change things... and potentially camp performance with the last couple of spots... but it's good to project the roster now and see exactly where the battles will be.

#27 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,343 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:57 PM

Seems about right to me. WR is the position that interests me the most. I'm not sure I agree that Streeter will be put on the PS largely because I think some other team will sign him. TC will certainly be very important for Streeter, Mellette, Thompson, and Reed. I don't think Williams has much of a shot.

@gabefergy

#28 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

Why not? Injuries can obviously change things... and potentially camp performance with the last couple of spots... but it's good to project the roster now and see exactly where the battles will be.

Conservatively there is probably 5 spots up for grabs. I don't understand trying to handicap those battles before they begin but whatever. TC is so irrelevant.  You should be looking each day just to make sure there were no serious injuries. That's about it. Let me know when Sept begins.

#29 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,632 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:06 AM

I look forward to this time of year plus this year IMO it is interesting and important to see how a number of positions play out.  Obviously LB...the inside is wide open and it will also be interesting to see how Upshaw does, do they use him and Doom as a package.  In addition, the McPhee transition to rush LB is interesting.

Wide receiver is another battlefield... The spotlight right now is on Tandon Doss.  The other person to watch is Ozzie.  He has 5 million plus cap room and is looking for help at WR.

@mikeghg

#30 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,803 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

Conservatively there is probably 5 spots up for grabs. I don't understand trying to handicap those battles before they begin but whatever. TC is so irrelevant. You should be looking each day just to make sure there were no serious injuries. That's about it. Let me know when Sept begins.

Training camp is irrelevant maybe for the veterans. They'll tell you they need maybe a week, then they are ready to go. While it isn't exciting to some, and preseason games even less, its very relevant to about 80 guys. Theres a lot of new faces and guys playing with each other who never have before. I want the rookies to get all the practice they can and most notably the defense enough time to gel. I want the WRs to get a good look and someone to step up so the team doesn't have to dip into free agency. Save some cap space for next year.

I would head up to McDainel at least a couple times a week when camp was open to the public. I love getting that close as a fan.

I only put together the depth chart as a guide. Not to create a position battle that isn't there.
  • Ricker Says likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#31 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,836 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

Training camp is incredibly relevant, it's a huge deal. Just because we're not there to see all the details, doesn't make it any less relevant. 

Year after year, you see veterans holding out for salary reasons, and missing camp time, and it greatly impacts their performance/health throughout the year. 

@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#32 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

Obviously, TC is very important and relevant to the players and coaches in the organization. It's pretty irrelevant to me as a fan.  I'll read up on things but there is nothing that happens in TC that can get me excited or too down unless its an injury. Same with baseball and ST.

#33 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,803 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

Obviously, TC is very important and relevant to the players and coaches in the organization. It's pretty irrelevant to me as a fan.  I'll read up on things but there is nothing that happens in TC that can get me excited or too down unless its an injury. Same with baseball and ST.

Ill buy that. I feel that way about OTAs because its shorts and no pads. But TC is a little more telling of some guys talents.
@BSLMikeRandall

#34 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

Ravens ILB Jameel McClain's (spinal cord contusion) health status remains "cloudy" and he is considered "out indefinitely."

"Doctors had anticipated he would be out there at this time," coach John Harbaugh conceded. "It's a little slower than we had hoped." This is why the Ravens signed Daryl Smith. McClain now seems questionable for Week 1.

McClain most likely going to be pup'd in my view to start the season.

I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#35 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,803 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

Ravens ILB Jameel McClain's (spinal cord contusion) health status remains "cloudy" and he is considered "out indefinitely."

"Doctors had anticipated he would be out there at this time," coach John Harbaugh conceded. "It's a little slower than we had hoped." This is why the Ravens signed Daryl Smith. McClain now seems questionable for Week 1.

http://www.rotoworld...altimore-ravens

McClain most likely going to be pup'd in my view to start the season.

Most likely. Ill be excited for Arthur Brown getting a chance to start
@BSLMikeRandall

#36 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,803 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

Looks like ill be updating this again soon.
@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners