#1 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,350 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:29 AM

http://baltimorespor...epth-chart-3-0/

What I believe to be the depth chart that the Ravens take to training camp. The top 60 players, the seven on the bubble of making the 53-man, who the next four guys are that can contend for a spot with a solid camp. Also a breakdown of all the the injuries lingering from last season, offseason, and the first weeks of practice.

(Since I just posted this, expect the Ravens to make a huge roster move in the next 20 minutes)

• BSLChrisStoner, MKlein76, Greg Pappas and 1 other like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

Nice writeup as usual.  I only have a couple of things:

1.  I don't think A. Q. Shipley is higher on the depth chart than Gradkowski.  I think he was brought in to push the second year player but I think the job is Gino's to lose.  I also think Jensen either stays on the 50 man as a backup guard (assuming Shipley is the backup center.) or he has a mysterious injury that puts him on IR.  

2.  I don't understand what the Ravens see in Anthony Allen.  He is a straight ahead runner with little speed.  He can't block or catch so why is he still on this team?  I would take Bobbie Rainey every day of the week over him.

3.  If Marcus Spears is our starting DE then something has gone terribly wrong.  I see Arthur Jones and Chris Canty starting with Haloti at the nose.  I also expect a much more productive season from Pernell McPhee.  I think that groin injury last season really sapped his explosiveness.  

4.  The Ravens depth at Safety is pretty bad.  I really hope Elam and Huff can stay healthy. 

#3 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,208 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

One thing about Allen is that the coaches love his special teams play. I  recall Jacoby Jones lauding his blocks during returns too.

#4 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 84,034 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

They seem to like Rainey...but do they carry 4 RBs?  Allen definitely makes the team as a ST player.  He was very good in that role.

@BSLRobShields

#5 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

1.  I don't think A. Q. Shipley is higher on the depth chart than Gradkowski.  I think he was brought in to push the second year player but I think the job is Gino's to lose.  I also think Jensen either stays on the 50 man as a backup guard (assuming Shipley is the backup center.) or he has a mysterious injury that puts him on IR.  

2.  I don't understand what the Ravens see in Anthony Allen.  He is a straight ahead runner with little speed.  He can't block or catch so why is he still on this team?  I would take Bobbie Rainey every day of the week over him.

3.  If Marcus Spears is our starting DE then something has gone terribly wrong.  I see Arthur Jones and Chris Canty starting with Haloti at the nose.  I also expect a much more productive season from Pernell McPhee.  I think that groin injury last season really sapped his explosiveness.  

4.  The Ravens depth at Safety is pretty bad.  I really hope Elam and Huff can stay healthy. 

I think Ihedigbo is good for a back up/fill in I also think moving Webb to safety and Graham and Smith inserted to CB is a back up plan you may not account for.

I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#6 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,350 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

I only put Shipley ahead of Gino because Shipley has experience. Also PFF is pretty high on him. This could very well change.

The defense is a tough one to list because its a hybrid 3-4/4-3. Canty is listed as a DT, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll play behind Ngata. He could most definitely play along side him in a 3-4 as a DE. But for simplicity sake, I just slotted him with the DTs, since the roster has him there.

Huff and Elam definitely need to stay healthy.
@BSLMikeRandall

#7 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,246 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

What I believe to be the depth chart that the Ravens take to training camp. The top 60 players, the seven on the bubble of making the 53-man, who the next four guys are that can contend for a spot with a solid camp. Also a breakdown of all the the injuries lingering from last season, offseason, and the first weeks of practice.

(Since I just posted this, expect the Ravens to make a huge roster move in the next 20 minutes)

Good Stuff as always Mike.  I think we are going to see a training camp battle between AQ and Gino for the starting center spot.  The one that does best handling the line calls will have a large advantage.

I was surprised Bajema was brought back.  I thought he was lacking in his blocking role.

Can not wait for TC.

@mikeghg

#8 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,246 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

Allen did well on ST's.  Go back and look at the long runs Jacoby had and more often than not Allen was leading the way. 

Back up Safety depth is developed.  Ihedigbo provides depth.  Not to many teams spend 4 or 5 deep at safety.

@mikeghg

#9 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

Allen did well on ST's.  Go back and look at the long runs Jacoby had and more often than not Allen was leading the way. 

Back up Safety depth is developed.  Ihedigbo provides depth.  Not to many teams spend 4 or 5 deep at safety.

Thanks Mike.

#10 MattJergensen

MattJergensen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

Gradkowski was running with the first team in Mini-Camp last week. It looks as if he has a slight lead so far and I'd expect that it's his job to lose but I understand Mike's thinking here.

Allen has played well on Special Teams and it's how he's able to stick on this team. Rainey is the more explosive player and is very intriguing.

McPhee is moving to more of an OLB position. So far he looks slimmed down and is ready as another pass threat. Spears, Canty, Jones on the Ends with Ngata in the middle should do quite well.

Ihedigbo is a solid backup. I would like to see Christian Thompson take a step forward but he'll be out 4 games due to the suspension. Webb moving to Safety is pure conjecture. Mike and I discussed that one show and even though he does have experience there from college the Ravens are paying him shutdown corner money. He'll get a shot but he needs to get totally healthy.

#11 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,350 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

Good Stuff as always Mike.  I think we are going to see a training camp battle between AQ and Gino for the starting center spot.  The one that does best handling the line calls will have a large advantage.
I was surprised Bajema was brought back.  I thought he was lacking in his blocking role.
Can not wait for TC.

Thanks Mike. I also think this will be a closely contested battle. Going up against a hopefully healthy Ngata and Brandon Williams should be a Good measuring stick as to what to expect against guys like Geno Atkins and Vince Wilfork.
@BSLMikeRandall

#12 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

Well done Mike... what was that comment at the end about? ... Major roster move?

Time comes and goes, like mist in the morning… the rays of dawn wane into twilight. Unaware on our journey, we often fail to realize that we are breathing… ALIVE in this wondrous gift called Life.

#13 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,318 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

Well done Mike... what was that comment at the end about? ... Major roster move?

Gotta be Victor Cruz, right?  :)

• Greg Pappas likes this

#14 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

Gotta be Victor Cruz, right?  :)

Naturally... I obviously wasn't thinking. :P

Time comes and goes, like mist in the morning… the rays of dawn wane into twilight. Unaware on our journey, we often fail to realize that we are breathing… ALIVE in this wondrous gift called Life.

#15 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 112,561 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

Several previous times when Mike has posted an updated depth chart, the Ravens have made roster moves quickly thereafter which changed the depth chart.

#16 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,350 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

Several previous times when Mike has posted an updated depth chart, the Ravens have made roster moves quickly thereafter which changed the depth chart.

Correct. I think after the first one, Rolando McClain was cut, then shortly after the second one, Daryl Smith was signed.
@BSLMikeRandall

#17 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:06 AM

Gotcha... I missed that. Hehehe :)

#18 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 84,034 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

And here is where Mike may have to re-do things...Leach return?:

http://espn.go.com/b...n-to-the-ravens

@BSLRobShields

#19 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,350 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

And here is where Mike may have to re-do things...Leach return?:

http://espn.go.com/b...n-to-the-ravens

Very interesting
@BSLMikeRandall

#20 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins are "standing pat" and will not sign free agent FB Vonta Leach.

The Dolphins never made an offer to Leach, and they don't plan to do so before seeing how the options already on the roster perform in training camp. Per beat writer Armando Salguero, Miami will "circle back around" to Leach if the in-house options prove incapable and the fullback is still on the open market. With the Dolphins out of the picture, Leach may head back to Baltimore.
Related: Ravens, Dolphins

Welcome back Leach?

I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners