#1 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,594 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

http://baltimorespor...-kyle-juszczyk/

What do you feel are some reasonable expectations out of the rookie from Harvard, filling the shoes of a three time All-Pro?

• BSLChrisStoner and Mackus like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,557 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

Kyle Jupiter seems to write itself as a nickname, right?

#3 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

This guys body type for a fullback I don't know, I hope he works out but I just don't see it.  He is no Neal, Leach, or even a McClain, for that matter.  He reminds me of the failed expirements of was it Justin Green? 

I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#4 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,594 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

I think he should wear 42, because that would be your scrabble score if you played "Juszczyk". So I would say we could nick name him Scrabble. But I think that relief pitcher Mark Rzcypczynski (or something like that) has that nickname.
  • SammyBirdland likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#5 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,594 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

This guys body type for a fullback I don't know, I hope he works out but I just don't see it.  He is no Neal, Leach, or even a McClain, for that matter.  He reminds me of the failed expirements of was it Justin Green? 

Sure Justin Green is forgetable. But the fullback position isn't going to make or break this team, IMO.
@BSLMikeRandall

#6 BSLChrisBacon

BSLChrisBacon

BSL Analyst

• Moderators
  • 21,272 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

I think he should wear 42, because that would be your scrabble score if you played "Juszczyk". So I would say we could nick name him Scrabble. But I think that relief pitcher Mark Rzcypczynski or something like that) has that nickname.

I'd like to buy a vowel.

#7 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

Love this guy. He was the #1 FB in the draft. And for good reason. He won't block as well as Leach, but what he lacks there, he more than makes up for it with his receiving and running ability.

And honestly, we moved away from the power running game when Caldwell took over. I expect to see a lot of single back formations with J and Pitta out wide with a lot if motion going on. Much like Kruger's loss will be minimal, Leach's may be even less.
  • BSLChrisStoner and BSLMikeRandall like this

#8 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • LocationAACo

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:54 PM

I could see this dude in an H-back sort of role. I mean he's certainly not the fullback that Vonta Leach is, but given the state of the league, if Juszcyk lives up to his recieving abilities I think he can be more versatile. Although I sure will miss Leach, especially when he'd catch the ball once in a blue moon and rumble down the field.

Btw, anyone sure on how to pronounce 'Juszcyk'? Is it even possible?

• BSLChrisStoner and BSLMikeRandall like this

@Bmore_Irish

#9 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 113,462 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:20 AM

CSN Baltimore: Leach's exit opens door for rookie FB

http://www.csnbaltim...rookie-fullback

#10 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 113,462 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

Baltimore Beatdown: Will Juszczyk take over as enforcer?
http://www.baltimore...r-enforcer-roll

#11 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

Love this guy. He was the #1 FB in the draft. And for good reason. He won't block as well as Leach, but what he lacks there, he more than makes up for it with his receiving and running ability.

And honestly, we moved away from the power running game when Caldwell took over. I expect to see a lot of single back formations with J and Pitta out wide with a lot if motion going on. Much like Kruger's loss will be minimal, Leach's may be even less.

i agree. Yeah, he's likely not going to bring the brute force Leach brought as a lead blocker but he'll be the more dangerous player. I agree, that the plan with this kid is to be less predictable when he is in the game. With him in the huddle the goal is it doesn't really give much away. He can line up as the lead blocker in a standard 2back set. You can motion him out wide to the slot, you can play him him on the line as a TE. I expect more versatility.  

Versatility is what this offense needed to strive for moving forward. We all know how predictable this offense could be last year, even with Caldwell. The offense isn;t going under a big overhaul but hopefully Caldwell can put his stamp on the offense and change up some things . More shifts, motion, different formations.

• FlavaDave10 and BSLMikeRandall like this

#12 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 84,770 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:52 AM

He isn't a traditional FB...he will be used in multiple ways.

Don't be surprised if Bajema is used in that FB role either.
@BSLRobShields

#13 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

Well he likes to hit people hard, so that's a good start. I see him as an H-Back. Think of him like Cooley, except more of a blocker. That isn't to say that he will never be productive with the ball- good hands and deceptively quick and agile for a guy his size. If the Ravens want to go no-huddle more often, I think Juszczyk could be a dangerous weapon. 

"We're not going to be f***ing suck this year" - Alex Ovechkin

@BaltimoreDavey

#14 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,594 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

I could see this dude in an H-back sort of role. I mean he's certainly not the fullback that Vonta Leach is, but given the state of the league, if Juszcyk lives up to his recieving abilities I think he can be more versatile. Although I sure will miss Leach, especially when he'd catch the ball once in a blue moon and rumble down the field.

Btw, anyone sure on how to pronounce 'Juszcyk'? Is it even possible?

When I watched senior bowl tape on him, the commentators pronounced it Hughes-Check.

@BSLMikeRandall

#15 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,594 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

Versatility is what this offense needed to strive for moving forward. We all know how predictable this offense could be last year, even with Caldwell. The offense isn;t going under a big overhaul but hopefully Caldwell can put his stamp on the offense and change up some things . More shifts, motion, different formations.

Really good point. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#16 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 113,462 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

If Leach comes back, and without Pitta; might get more time at TE. 

#17 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:42 AM

He's struggling in camp so far
@Miller192

#18 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:01 PM

He's struggling in camp so far

He has good hands how far away is a move from FB to TE? Would it take 1-3 years or is it a fast move?  If Leach comes back it would not be a bad experiment with his hands being so notable in his profile.

I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#19 MKlein76

MKlein76

Sports Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • LocationGlen Burnie, MD

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

From the ESPN article that is in the Ravens training camp thread:

• Rookie fullback Kyle Juszczyk has to prove himself as a lead blocker, especially in short-yardage situations. Some have already been calling for the Ravens to re-sign Pro Bowl fullback Vonta Leach. But Juszczyk has been effective as a receiver. One local reporter nicknamed him "Little Pitta."

@MKlein76

#20 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,209 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

He has good hands how far away is a move from FB to TE? Would it take 1-3 years or is it a fast move?  If Leach comes back it would not be a bad experiment with his hands being so notable in his profile.

He was a very productive receiver in college. He has good hands and flashes ability to get open underneath. His workout numbers would suggest he has the agility to be a good receiver. I think he will see a bigger role for sure as a TE/H-back now that Pitta is out. 

@gabefergy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners