• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:30 AM

I just went to Stub Hub and looked at Opening Day tickets. Cheapest ticket I could find was for $45 and that was in left field upper reserve. I know it is Opening Day, but I thought that still seemed kinda high. Anybody else have an opinion on it?
@mrbeanage

#2 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

A little background on the situation:

I went to opening day from 2004 - 2010, it's a rite of passage for any serious O's fan. However, last year there was significant optimism about the team from the outset of the winter. Kind of funny in hindsight that people thought the team was going to contend (some experts considered them an outside contender for the wild card ironically).

As such, the O's sold all opening day tickets between season ticket holders and businesses. You couldn't buy them individually and I was forced to miss my first opening day in 7 years.

That said, there might be a way to get a ticket (depending on demand). If you call the ticket number, you can get a 6 game plan. These ticket plans give you tickets to 6 games (of your choosing, just not all 6 prime games). You might be able to get opening day tickets this way. Especially the closer we get to opening day.

- Jeff, WarehouseWorthy.Blogspot.Com
@JeffLongBP

#3 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

Thanks for you reply. I think I am going to end up taking my chances with Stub Hub as it gets closer to Opening Day. I know that Opening Day is normally a big draw, but I figured with the Orioles losing for the past 14 years or so, I might have a shot at getting a ticket. I was expecting to pay 10-15 bucks more for a prime game, but for Left Field Upper Reserve, I wasnt expecting to pay about 30 bucks more.
@mrbeanage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners