• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 112,304 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

BSL poster Bo Smolka (who writes for CSN Baltimore) lost a Son (Christopher) to Trisomy 18 several years ago. He recounts his personal story here: http://takingontrisomy18.org/?p=185

The link provides information on the cause and the foundation with goals of, "...Funding biomedical research, patient education, family support, and advocacy.All these efforts are devoted to making Trisomy 18 a preventable and treatable conditions for future generations so that less families lose their precious newborns to this tragic condition.Our best to him and his family."

Our best to Mr. Smolka and his family.

#2 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:57 AM

Thank you for sharing this Chris.

To Bo and his family, I extend my sincerest condolences for their loss. They say "Time heals all wounds," but I don't think "they" ever lost a child. My family has been deeply affected by tragic loss as well, and I'd be pleased to have Bo contact me directly regarding my efforts to create a world-changing charitable initiative, and how this may be the way to get the support Trisomy 18 needs.

Send me a PM or email me at [email protected].

Time comes and goes, like mist in the morning… the rays of dawn wane into twilight. Unaware on our journey, we often fail to realize that we are breathing… ALIVE in this wondrous gift called Life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners