#161 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,813 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 October 2016 - 04:13 PM

I'm guessing his injuries and outside interests will stop him from getting back to this level.

That being said, he's a much better golfer than Phil and Phil is still challenging in majors at his age.

I think it's unlikely but none of the players of today are even remotely close to what Tiger was in his prime. If he can get healthy and practice like he wants over the next 5 years, he can win multiple majors.

Just not sure I believe he can do those things.
@BSLRobShields

#162 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 112,304 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 04:26 PM

I'm guessing his injuries and outside interests will stop him from getting back to this level.

That being said, he's a much better golfer than Phil and Phil is still challenging in majors at his age.

I think it's unlikely but none of the players of today are even remotely close to what Tiger was in his prime. If he can get healthy and practice like he wants over the next 5 years, he can win multiple majors.

Just not sure I believe he can do those things.

2012-13 wasn't that long ago.  In '12, Tiger was 3rd in the World Rankings. In '13 he was 1st.

Agreed... Phil's success at an older age is a reason to believe Tiger could get back to contending if he gets right.... but you are right to be question if he can ever get right, or if he can sustain it for any length of time if he does.

Also in the last 3 years... Phil has finished 11th in '14... (Tiger was 17th)....  24th in '15, and 15th in '16.  After 3 years, it's hard to claim Tiger is currently better than Phil.  Right now he's just a guy that can't stay healthy enough to have a real clue what he is, or what he has left.

#163 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,813 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 October 2016 - 04:41 PM

2012-13 wasn't that long ago.  In '12, Tiger was 3rd in the World Rankings. In '13 he was 1st.
Agreed... Phil's success at an older age is a reason to believe Tiger could get back to contending if he gets right.... but you are right to be question if he can ever get right, or if he can sustain it for any length of time if he does.
Also in the last 3 years... Phil has finished 11th in '14... (Tiger was 17th)....  24th in '15, and 15th in '16.  After 3 years, it's hard to claim Tiger is currently better than Phil.  Right now he's just a guy that can't stay healthy enough to have a real clue what he is, or what he has left.

When I said he is much better, I mean healthy and able to practice consistently Tiger.

Right now he's not better.
@BSLRobShields

#164 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:30 PM

Dude was an idiot with his body. I'll assume you read in depth the stupid Navy Seals crap he did and to the extent he did it. He's an old 41. Plus, backs are the worst injuries for golfers. Never say never but extremely unlikely he ever wins another major. I would bet against him winning another full tour PGA event. Maybe one of those slimed down 20 man field things but not a full event

#165 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,813 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:46 PM

Dude was an idiot with his body. I'll assume you read in depth the stupid Navy Seals crap he did and to the extent he did it. He's an old 41. Plus, backs are the worst injuries for golfers. Never say never but extremely unlikely he ever wins another major. I would bet against him winning another full tour PGA event. Maybe one of those slimed down 20 man field things but not a full event

Yep..the navy seal training was idiotic.

As things stand, your take here is spot on.

Who knows with backs though. Couples had a terrible back and would find himself in contention and he was never in Tigers league.
@BSLRobShields

#166 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 112,304 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:13 PM

Sports on Earth: Tiger Flashes Old Form, Before a Fade

#167 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,813 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:34 PM

What Tiger did this past weekend was absolutely remarkable.

We will see if he can stay healthy and practice and play...if he can, watch out.
@BSLRobShields

#168 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 112,304 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:49 PM

The Ringer: “He Didn’t Fit the Mold of a Revolutionary”
https://theringer.co...cy-dcea92b23cb9

• Don Quixote likes this

#169 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,813 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 April 2017 - 05:41 PM

It's really crazy to think he hasn't won a major in almost 9 years.

I remember that first Masters like it was yesterday.

There are a lot of great young players nowadays but none capture you like Tiger did. Look no further than the Masters, the clubhouse and the course itself to see how much he changed the game.

It's a shame we are unlikely to ever see him get anywhere close to his prime again. I miss watching him. I miss him contending on Sundays. It was absolutely one of my favorite things in sports that I have ever had the pleasure of watching.
  • Markus likes this
@BSLRobShields

#170 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:50 PM

Tiger just had back surgery, and is done for the year.

http://deadspin.com/...dium=socialflow

#171 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,813 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:20 PM

Sucks...probably never should have had the first surgery.
@BSLRobShields

#172 B00E00N00

B00E00N00

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts
  • LocationSouthern Maryland

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:31 AM

Tiger arrested for DUI.

http://www.espn.com/...ted-dui-florida

#173 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,318 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 04:34 PM

Tiger arrested for DUI.

http://www.espn.com/...ted-dui-florida

Feel like he's been driving under the influence for the last 5 years. As well as pitching, chipping, and putting under the influence.

I'll be here all week. Be sure to tip your waitress.
@BSLMikeRandall

#174 B00E00N00

B00E00N00

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts
  • LocationSouthern Maryland

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:45 PM

Feel like he's been driving under the influence for the last 5 years. As well as pitching, chipping, and putting under the influence.

I'll be here all week. Be sure to tip your waitress.

Well it looks like he was using the wrong Driver on this one.

• BSLBobPhelan likes this

#175 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,813 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:10 AM

He is saying alcohol wasn't the issue. It was some meds he was taking.
@BSLRobShields

#176 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:52 AM

That's obviously a bunch of BS, but it's just believable enough for it to probably work.

#177 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,318 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:53 AM

At 3am, on one of the bigger party weekends of the year? If this was noon on a Wednesday I might buy that.

I wonder what the police report says. Did they make him blow? Did he smell like booze?
@BSLMikeRandall

#178 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,309 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:53 AM

Why is that any more excusable? Whenever I've been prescribed pain killers, benzos or other meds not safe to drive on, my doc has made that fact very clear, as has the bottle they were in. 

@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#179 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:06 AM

Why is that any more excusable? Whenever I've been prescribed pain killers, benzos or other meds not safe to drive on, my doc has made that fact very clear, as has the bottle they were in. 

Its not any more excusable. I assume they arent allowed to drug test you after arresting you right?? He looks coked up to me. Id bet on some illegal drugs being in the system. 

#180 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,813 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:27 AM

That's obviously a bunch of BS, but it's just believable enough for it to probably work.

Why is it a bunch of bs?

This obviously could happen and, he talked about mixing some meds. If you take the wrong pills together, it can fuck you up.
@BSLRobShields

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners