#121 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,457 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:48 AM

I think this is a smart move for Tiger. Clear your head, get healthy, gain some perspective in the quiet times a bit. I'm making a lot of assumptions here, but I think if Tiger could quiet his head and play freely, he'd have a shot at playing at a high level again for a brief time (as long as his body holds up basically). The reason I think his head is just shot at this point is because his short game has been awful too. He's just a complete mess.

@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#122 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:42 AM

Watching greatness reach this point is always depressing. Even for a scumbag like Woods. Really, the first athlete our generation has seen fall so far. Jordan wasn't Jordan when he returned but he didn't embarrass himself.

#123 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,457 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:43 AM

Watching greatness reach this point is always depressing. Even for a scumbag like Woods. Really, the first athlete our generation has seen fall so far. Jordan wasn't Jordan when he returned but he didn't embarrass himself.

Agreed. I am not enjoying this at all.

@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#124 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,571 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:28 PM

No doubt, the major chase is off the table. But I think he can be competitive again if, and only if he realizes he doesn't have to hit the ball 320 off the tee to be good. He had an awesome short game and is one of the best putters. You can lose some touch when you take all the time off he has, but I find it hard to believe he can't find that again.

Once he stops trying to hit it 400 yards, he'll be able to stay healthy. In the mean time, even if his back is an issue, he can still chip and putt without putting any stress on his body. 

The more he talks about trying to bulk up, get back to where he used to be, the bigger a hole he'll dig himself into. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#125 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:01 PM

Posnanski: Tyson, Woods and the Enduring Power of Awesomeness

@DJ_McCann

#126 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:15 PM

He's right that people expected Tyson to do something he was incapable when he was washed up. I'm also one who as been on record for awhile now saying Tiger is essentially washed up. The difference of course is what he laid out at the start of the article. Tyson never really was great. He beat up inferiority talents. Tiger , on the other hand, was a great golfer. In that sense, it's more reasonable to think Tiger could conjure up something from his legendary past.

#127 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 118,800 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:43 AM

Sports on Earth: Invisible Tiger

http://www.sportsone...ubt-for-masters

#128 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:36 PM

Posnanski:  There's nothing wrong with Tiger.  He's just old.

http://joeposnanski....e-age-of-tiger/

• Don Quixote likes this

#129 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,128 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 01:57 PM

Posnanski:  There's nothing wrong with Tiger.  He's just old.

Good article, but the quoted above is not exactly what the article is about.  It's not saying there is nothing wrong or that he doesn't have any other issues, it's saying his biggest issue, and perhaps the root disease of all the other symptoms, is his age.

#130 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 01:59 PM

Good article, but the quoted above is not exactly what the article is about.  It's not saying there is nothing wrong or that he doesn't have any other issues, it's saying his biggest issue, and perhaps the root disease of all the other symptoms, is his age.

I guess, but this is a direct quote from the article:

Again and again, there are stories and analyses and comments asking WHAT’S WRONG with Tiger Woods? And people just refuse to accept that there’s nothing wrong with Tiger Woods. He’s 40 years old or will be in a few months. And this is what happens.

#131 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,128 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:10 PM

Must have missed that line, disagree with that part, then.  I think there are more issues Tiger is dealing with, or at least was dealing with when the scandal broke and shortly after with injuries.  Now that he's almost 40 the age is a bigger factor.

#132 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88,970 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:25 PM

Golfers can still be very good at age 40 and older.

Tiger has 4 issues:

1) He hasn't played enough.

2) Health(he has ended the season healthy, which is a good sign for him though)

3) Not mentally strong right now.

4) Going through the swing change

2 and 3 play in together, as does 1 and 2.  

He has to play more...practice more, etc...

If he can't, he has no chance being good again.

If he can and he can get some wins under his belt and gain some confidence, I think he could have another run in him where he can compete most weeks.

• BSLMikeRandall likes this
@BSLRobShields

#133 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,128 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:48 PM

Tiger's Back Bitches!!  -6 opening at the Wyndham.

:)

He needs to win the tournament to make the Fed Ex Playoff.  Probably better odds he misses the cut even after the great day today than him pulling that off.  Would be fun if he can string together a couple good rounds and get dummies like me talking about him again, trolling all the real golf fans.

#134 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:28 PM

I thought I saw yesterday that he has to finish at least 2nd to make the FedEX Cup.

He's sooooooooooooooooooooo got this.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#135 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88,970 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:39 PM

Tiger is playing great right now.

Still needs to put 4 rounds together.

@BSLRobShields

#136 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88,970 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:48 PM

Tiger just eagled...He is tied for the lead with 3 holes left.

@BSLRobShields

#137 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,571 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:14 PM

Tied for the lead going to the weekend. This course requires a lot of iron shots off the tees. Hes been smoking that 2-iron hitting plenty more fairways. But his driver shot is still off a bit. Ive said from the start he can smash the 3-wood. Hit that, leave the driver at home.

Its a course made for his skill set right now with the long iron tee shots. But I would like to see him be more accurate with the driver before saying "hes back", or before picking him to contend at Augusta next year where driving is paramount. However the yips seem to be well behind him.
@BSLMikeRandall

#138 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 118,800 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:43 AM

CBS Sports: Tiger Woods shoots 65, co-leads Wyndham Championship

http://www.cbssports...am-championship

#139 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88,970 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:43 PM

Tiger is playing well again today but he is just a little further out trying to go for birdies and he is just missing them.

Other guys are real hot and putting up big scores but Tiger is right there.
@BSLRobShields

#140 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,504 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 06:36 PM

Jason Gore and Jonas Blixt both put up 62s - ridiculous. Woods is two back of Gore in a three-way tie for second (which includes Blixt) at -13.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners