The other perks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lordbrook

lordbrook
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:30 AM

My son, who is 15, quit playing baseball when he was about 11 and has hated watching it all his life. A few years ago I flew the family back to D.C. for work and made them follow me up to Baltimore so I could worship at my altar. He's been a casual fan since then, but for the last month and a half or so has been watching every O's game with me. Tonight he made me dig through our unsorted clean laundry pile so he could wear one of my O's shirts to school tomorrow and taunt the ubiquitous MFY douchebags. I have never in my life been screaming at the TV with my son, and then high fiving while watching my O's. This is what baseball means to me.
  • BSLChrisStoner, BSLBobPhelan and SammyBirdland like this

#2 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

Now he understands...:D

#3 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88,741 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

Yea, I have found myself thinking about my dad a lot lately with all of this going on.

He was never a baseball fan until I started getting into it and then he became one because of me. He would certainly love watching this team.
  • BSLChrisStoner and BSLBobPhelan like this
@BSLRobShields

#4 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

BSL Analyst

• Moderators
  • 9,337 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

I'm in a similar boat SG, my grandmother was basically the person that got me into the Orioles in 1996. I know shes loving every minute of it up in heaven or whatever the afterlife holds.

Also, we've made the playoffs and had a winning season every year my daughter has been born. Hope that streak lasts a while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners