Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,283 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

Great news - good to hear.

Congratulations especially to Lance, Kevin & Tucker who have been great contributors to the forums as it is. Looking forward to seeing how this grows.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#3 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 21,433 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

Congrats to all "new" members!

Like Ricker said, great news to further improve the site. Are there any specific plans that everyone will be collaborating on?

#4 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,291 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

Very cool stuff! Glad to hear it and congratulations to all that will now be contributing.

I'm looking forward to reading your work here!

@AdamWolff

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 118,566 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

I'm very happy to have each of these guys contributing here on a formal basis. It will be good to get that additional perspective.

As we launch the podcast in November, each will be logical guests for that. I'll be using my contacts as well to book the show for Adam. Potentially we might have another host or two joining (with their own shows), but that is to be determined.

The truth is that at the end of August, we are on the verge of announcing an even larger change for the board. That did not come to fruition, and we are back to the drawing board a bit with those plans. Apologies for being vague, but I'm not in position to discuss what was in the works in this public forum.

Rest assured, we continue to look for ways of which we can improve this site.

That brings us back to these additions. Tucker, Kevin, Jeff, and Lance have been great members of the board who put up interesting work. Adam graciously had me on as a regular guest to his radio show, and I really respected his work as a host. As collaborators to this site, I know they will only improve BSL .

#6 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 21,433 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

Woohoo! Podcast!

#7 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,962 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

Good news for BSL.

#8 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

I'm excited to see the changes fellas. Congrats to all! Lance and I have interacted frequently because i write for the Ravens on his website. He is an excellent writer!
@Langley486

#9 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

I look forward to working with all of you.

I shouldn't even call it work, really. This is more like having an absolute blast.

#10 MKlein76

MKlein76

Sports Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • LocationGlen Burnie, MD

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

Congratulations to all of the "new" contributors to the board! I look forward to reading more of everybody's work!
@MKlein76

#11 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

Excellent news... and a hearty "welcome" to each one of the guys. The vision that Chris has for BSL's future has begun to take root.

Time comes and goes, like mist in the morning… the rays of dawn wane into twilight. Unaware on our journey, we often fail to realize that we are breathing… ALIVE in this wondrous gift called Life.

#12 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

BSL Analyst

• Moderators
  • 9,325 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

This is awesome news! Can't wait for the podcast and to see everything these guys bring to the site.

#13 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 21,433 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

It'll be interesting to see if followers of their blogs will sign up here. Hoping they will. I'd love to get to 400 members here by the end of the year. Tough, but doable.

#14 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,283 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:31 AM

I had a major brain fart and didn't connect the dots that WarehouseWorthyJEFF was Jeff Long. My apologies, Jeff... you've obviously been a huge contributor as well. Great to hear you're apart of the BSL coalition now!
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#15 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 21,433 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

I had a major brain fart and didn't connect the dots that WarehouseWorthyJEFF was Jeff Long. My apologies, Jeff... you've obviously been a huge contributor as well. Great to hear you're apart of the BSL coalition now!

I actually had the same brain fart as well. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why I kept getting tweets from BSLJeffLong...Sorry man! You're definitely still being followed by me.

#16 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 118,566 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

Baltimore Sports and Life is pleased to announce that Matt Jergensen is also joining the site as a new writer. Matt's main focus will be with providing Ravens coverage, but BSL fans can also expect occasional posts about the O's, and Terps.

We have added Matt's bio to the link in the opening post in this thread. Please help me welcome Matt to the site!

#17 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

BSL Analyst

• Moderators
  • 9,325 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

Welcome Matt!

#18 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

Welcome to the family Matt.
Look forward to reading your work!

#19 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 21,433 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

Welcome Matt. Looking forward to reading your opinions on the Ravens.

#20 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 118,566 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

With Matt's first article for BSL coming shortly, I wanted to bump this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners