#41 BSLSethBondroff

BSLSethBondroff

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,204 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

Yeah, he should explain himself. I don't think he meant bad by it, but that's the way it sounds. Personally, I feel it was poorly worded, and just completely unnecessary.

Poorly worded: perhaps

But if you read Gammons regualrly, there's absolutely no way he meant any malice..he was celebrating the moment. I think "how great" was his mistake. I think he just meant how great was the moment, not how great is it that the O's didn't clinch..
  • Greg Pappas likes this
@beginthebegin71

#42 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,424 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

Poorly worded: perhaps

But if you read Gammons regualrly, there's absolutely no way he meant any malice..he was celebrating the moment. I think "how great" was his mistake. I think he just meant how great was the moment, not how great is it that the O's didn't clinch..

Yeah, I hear ya, but that's why it was a poor word choice... and to me bad judgement because there are so many people on Twitter that don't know Gammons work very well and will take it the wrong way. That's partly on Gammons, IMO.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#43 BSLSethBondroff

BSLSethBondroff

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,204 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

Yeah, I hear ya, but that's why it was a poor word choice... and to me bad judgement because there are so many people on Twitter that don't know Gammons work very well and will take it the wrong way. That's partly on Gammons, IMO.

That's fair.

It's probably much ado about nothing. That being said, I hope Gammons responds to Jones.
@beginthebegin71

#44 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,424 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

That's fair.

It's probably much ado about nothing. That being said, I hope Gammons responds to Jones.

Me too... and at the end of the day, it's definitely much ado about nothing.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#45 BSLSethBondroff

BSLSethBondroff

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,204 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

Me too... and at the end of the day, it's definitely much ado about nothing.

Maybe they can hug it out before game 1 of the World Series!

Dare to dream, baby!!
@beginthebegin71

#46 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:21 PM

Gammons meant that as a compliment, in my opinion.

Time comes and goes, like mist in the morning… the rays of dawn wane into twilight. Unaware on our journey, we often fail to realize that we are breathing… ALIVE in this wondrous gift called Life.

#47 RShack

RShack

http://tinyurl.com/fake-news-BS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,040 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

Well, I don't care much about Gammons either way... but all this bending over backwards to claim that the combination of "great" and "break their hearts" in the same sentence is really meant to express a positive sentiment is downright bizarre, and that's true no matter where you put a comma. Not saying he's a bad guy, to me he's mostly irrelevant anymore... but you're gonna need a chiropractor from bending over backwards that much.

Plus, it didn't even give them a headache, much less break their hearts. The team mainly shrugged and said, "Oh, well..." WTF is the guy thinking? The only thing the O's have been talking about is winning out. This WC stuff is certainly a nice little milestone along the way, but they never even mention it unless prompted. The div is what they're after.

IMO, the WC is a way bigger deal for the fans and the city than it is for them. It's the city and the fans who have put up with suckitude forever. But for the guys on the team, their goal is not resolved yet. They keep saying that and saying that, I don't know why nobody believes them.

"You say you've lost your faith, but that's not where its at.

You have no faith to lose, and ya know it" - Bob Dylan

#48 Adam Meister

Adam Meister
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

Bitter? Who knows? Biased? YES!

As a teenager in the early 1990's when the Red Sox were not even good he was their biggest promoter on the national scene. Even a kid could tell that. He is a Red Sox fan first and a baseball writer second. Always has been.

#49 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

Stick it Gammons. The inevitable was just delayed.

Sorry, I had to do it.

BTW....I'm not on Twitter so excuse me if Gammons has explained himself but my understanding reading this thread is that Gammons has not cleared anything up since making the post. Including , after AJ called him out. You would think if Gammons didn't mean it the way some of us think he meant it he would be back on Twitter clearing the air since some people are not happy with his tweet and or misinterpreting it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners