#21 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,016 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

We all know he's a Boston fan but I think you misinterpreted it. I took it as it was great the team was out watching the ending, not great that they had their hearts broken.

That's how I took it too. Not sure if that's the right interpretation, though. I just don't think Gammons is the type to rub anything in to any team, and especially not the O's. That wasn't a big rub it in opportunity anyway.

#22 BSLSethBondroff

BSLSethBondroff

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,204 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

We all know he's a Boston fan but I think you misinterpreted it. I took it as it was great the team was out watching the ending, not great that they had their hearts broken.

Exactly. Thanks for stating this a hell of a lot better than I did.
@beginthebegin71

#23 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

I don't know how you could interpret it that way?? The "break their hearts line" was pretty indicative to me that he was not happy for whatever reason with the O's remaining and mingling on the field.

#24 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,409 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

I don't know how you could interpret it that way?? The "break their hearts line" was pretty indicative to me that he was not happy for whatever reason with the O's remaining and mingling on the field.

Because he's not that kind of person and never tweets things like that. Especially if he wants to keep his job. He does often talk about the emotion of things in a positive way, which it was pretty deflating, we know that. If you get past the rage you have right now and try to look at it from another angle I think it would seem more plausible.
@JeremyMStrain

#25 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

Because he's not that kind of person and never tweets things like that. Especially if he wants to keep his job. He does often talk about the emotion of things in a positive way, which it was pretty deflating, we know that. If you get past the rage you have right now and try to look at it from another angle I think it would seem more plausible.

I'm past the rage and I've read the tweet about 10 times now trying to see what you guys are see it from another angle and I'm just not. I mean it was poorly worded if he did mean something different.

Again, being a Bos shill is evidence to my side. We all know that many a people has regreted posting things on twitter because it's a spur of the moment response.

#26 BSLSethBondroff

BSLSethBondroff

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,204 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

I'm past the rage and I've read the tweet about 10 times now trying to see what you guys are see it from another angle and I'm just not. I mean it was poorly worded if he did mean something different.

Again, being a Bos shill is evidence to my side. We all know that many a people has regreted posting things on twitter because it's a spur of the moment response.

If I was to agree with anything, it'd be that. Poor choice of words perhaps.

He's also a Baseball fan, and I don't think it's imaginable that anyone couldn't appreciate that moment.
@beginthebegin71

#27 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,409 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

I mean I could see what you meant if today eliminated BOS or something, but they have been out for over a month, so a loss today just doesn't have the emotional drive to make him rage out like that, he's just not a rage-y person.

He's talked about how great a story the orioles are all season, so why would that suddenly change now?
@JeremyMStrain

#28 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

Seriously, I'm not being a smart ass . Maybe I'm an idiot, but I don't see another way of viewing
"How great is watching Orioles on the field viewing Tori Hunter break their hearts". Why would you throw in the Tori Hunter break their hearts line if you really thought it was great that the O's were out on the field. Why wouldn't you just say "How great is it watching the O's out on the field watching the end of the Tex- ANA game." or even "watching Tori Hunter put ANA ahead" why the need to go with the "breaking their hearts lline".

#29 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,409 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

Seriously, I'm not being a smart ass . Maybe I'm an idiot, but I don't see another way of viewing
"How great is watching Orioles on the field viewing Tori Hunter break their hearts". Why would you throw in the Tori Hunter break their hearts line if you really thought it was great that the O's were out on the field. Why wouldn't you just say "How great is it watching the O's out on the field watching the end of the Tex- ANA game." or even "watching Tori Hunter put ANA ahead" why the need to go with the "breaking their hearts lline".

Just to add emotional punch, its what he does. Poorly written, but put a comma after field and read it.
@JeremyMStrain

#30 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

Just to add emotional punch, its what he does. Poorly written, but put a comma after field and read it.

Meh. I mean you could be right but I'm not buying. Now that I'm calmed down I've kinda got a "whatever" attitude about it. If it wasn't a dig then I was wrong, though it was poorly worded. If it was a dig, who cares, we're good, we're on the verge of the playoffs having just swept the Sox. Life is good.

#31 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 11,409 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

Meh. I mean you could be right but I'm not buying. Whatever, again now that I'm calmed down I've kinda got a "whatever" attitude about it. If it wasn't a dig than I was wrong about Mr Gammons though it was poorly worded. If it was a dig, who cares, we're good, we're on the verge of the playoffs having just swept the Sox. Life is good.

There you go. Back to celebrating our team winning 92 games so far. I REALLY wish I had put money on them in Vegas. Was going to the first night, they were 100-1 odds. The next day it changed to 50-1 and I changed my mind.
@JeremyMStrain

#32 BSLSethBondroff

BSLSethBondroff

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,204 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

There you go. Back to celebrating our team winning 92 games so far. I REALLY wish I had put money on them in Vegas. Was going to the first night, they were 100-1 odds. The next day it changed to 50-1 and I changed my mind.

i bet the Reds at 30-1 back in Feb, but really don't care right now...

Glad Bickle seems to have calmed down.. ;)
@beginthebegin71

#33 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,089 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

Color me along with the group that think that Gammons didn't have any negative meaning in tweeting that, though it was poorly worded. I definitely think he would have made a very similar tweet had the Angels not come back, commenting on how cool it was that everyone stayed at the game with the players out on the field. That was the main point, IMO.

#34 BSLSethBondroff

BSLSethBondroff

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,204 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

Color me along with the group that think that Gammons didn't have any negative meaning in tweeting that, though it was poorly worded. I definitely think he would have made a very similar tweet had the Angels not come back, commenting on how cool it was that everyone stayed at the game with the players out on the field. That was the main point, IMO.

Absolutely. Good call!
@beginthebegin71

#35 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,842 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

I think you are giving him too much credit.
Anyway who really cares. I don't like the guy but his thought really does not matter any more than mine I guess.
@mikeghg

#36 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,016 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

His last article was about the O's and I'd say he was pretty kind to the team: http://mlb.mlb.com/n... ... b&c_id=mlb

With the possibility of a Johnson-Showalter Beltways Classic, the restoration of self-esteem in D.C., which hasn't been in the postseason since Franklin Delano Roosevelt's first year in office, and to an Orioles franchise and fan base that made us thankful to be a country boy, is one of dreams. Ah, to reunite Reynolds and UVA teammate Ryan Zimmerman...

That along with many feel good quotes and a heart warming story about Thome and his father.

#37 BSLSethBondroff

BSLSethBondroff

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,204 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

His last article was about the O's and I'd say he was pretty kind to the team: http://mlb.mlb.com/n... ... b&c_id=mlb

That along with many feel good quotes and a heart warming story about Thome and his father.

Good find.

He's been on the Showalter bandwagon for years.
@beginthebegin71

#38 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,424 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

Here's Jones reaction via the Twitter:

@pgammo reality is that...... WE STILL IN THIS BITCH. TO THE WHEELS FALL OFF.

I'm done wit ppl talking ish about my team. We're doing things that ALL OF U thought we couldn't. Now all yall mad. Why, it's pro sports

@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#39 BSLSethBondroff

BSLSethBondroff

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,204 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

Here's Jones reaction via the Twitter:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO...Adam, come on, man!!!

Although that might get Gammons to explain himself.
@beginthebegin71

#40 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,424 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOO...Adam, come on, man!!!

Although that might get Gammons to explain himself.

Yeah, he should explain himself. I don't think he meant bad by it, but that's the way it sounds. Personally, I feel it was poorly worded, and just completely unnecessary.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners