#21 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,171 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:52 PM

Your seat may be one that is blocked off. They’re obviously going to be blocking off certain rows or seats to maintain social distancing.

I would go if I win a lottery or have the chance to buy tickets but it would probably be for just one game.

I personally don’t see how football happens this year at all.

I very reluctantly agree.  I think they eventually push back a few months to delay what might be inevitable.

@mikeghg

#22 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,433 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 10:45 AM

I very reluctantly agree.  I think they eventually push back a few months to delay what might be inevitable.

If there is anything the NFL is good at, it's figuring out ways to make money out of bad situations. 

It may not start in September, but I agree, there will be a full 16-game season played under the 2020 moniker for historical purposes. I think it just might not start until November. 

You've got to figure if a vaccine is approved by November, the NFL will buy what they need to get every player and team staff person the vaccine. Even if they have to pay millions. And even if they take a little bit of a bad short-term PR hit. 

#23 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,268 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 10:49 AM

I'll give up on having fans in the stands if it helps ensure that the season gets played.  Ravens roster is loaded and they're on the very short list of title favorites.  Would be devastating to miss out on such a season. 

#24 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,839 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 13 July 2020 - 07:14 PM

Looks like I am on the couch this year -- if we have football at all.

Of all the sports, football will be the hardest to contain -- biggest rosters and most physical sport.  I somewhat kid but could they put shields over the face masks?

Welp, they're trying something...

https://www.espn.com...bat-coronavirus

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#25 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,268 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 07:22 PM

Welp, they're trying something...

https://www.espn.com...bat-coronavirus

I kinda wish they'd call they Romanowski Visors.

Glad they're thinking about this stuff. I imagine this costs the NFL nothing, the suppliers will develop and front the costs just so that college and high school and pee wee football organizations all pay for it when they get back. But even with that, the innovation is interesting and the concept of trying to optimize safety equipment is a good precedent.

#26 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,171 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 July 2020 - 07:42 PM

I just do not see in a sport like football how they can limit positive tests

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users