• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 21,639 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 08 July 2020 - 01:12 PM

2020 Ravens season tickets will be deferred to 2021. If permitted under state and local government regulations to have fans attend games in 2020, a reduced seating capacity at M&T Bank Stadium will be in place of fewer than 14,000 seats per game.

#2 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,439 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 01:15 PM

Ugh. I get it though.
@BSLMikeRandall

#3 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,540 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 08 July 2020 - 01:16 PM

Wow. This will be interesting. But unless there's a vaccine, I question if they'll have fans at all.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#4 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 08 July 2020 - 01:17 PM

https://www.baltimor...-to-be-deferred

#5 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,171 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 July 2020 - 02:09 PM

I got the email, and while I expected it, I am still disappointed.  

In a way it makes it easier.  I have missed 1 home game since the Ravens have been here. but I do not think I would have gone while this is going on.

@mikeghg

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 121,977 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 02:32 PM

As we talked about on on of our pods recently...    home-field advantage might mean less this year.  Less crowd noise for opposing offenses to deal with. No environment to spark home crowds. 

#7 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,439 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 03:07 PM

As we talked about on on of our pods recently... home-field advantage might mean less this year. Less crowd noise for opposing offenses to deal with. No environment to spark home crowds.

Scoreboard operators are gonna need to be more creative
@BSLMikeRandall

#8 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,839 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 08 July 2020 - 03:16 PM

Looks like I am on the couch this year -- if we have football at all.

Of all the sports, football will be the hardest to contain -- biggest rosters and most physical sport.  I somewhat kid but could they put shields over the face masks?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#9 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,088 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 03:20 PM

14,000 is about 20% capacity.  If you sit people in half the seats in half the rows, that's 25% capacity, so it would be a little more spread out than that.  I doubt you can effectively social distance even at 20%, though.

#10 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,268 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 03:42 PM

Looks like I am on the couch this year -- if we have football at all.

Of all the sports, football will be the hardest to contain -- biggest rosters and most physical sport.  I somewhat kid but could they put shields over the face masks?

Maybe could have something like mircoban on all the uniforms and the balls?  Not sure if that specific product is somethign you're ok breathing in and touching frequently, but something might exist that could be used to sterilize the surfaces that everyone is going to be contacting.  

A breath shield of some sort in the helmet could work as well, and then you waive the rules about removing your helmet, players can take them off from when the play ends until the umpire sets it for play as long as they aren't right next to a teammate.

#11 Steve55

Steve55

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 05:00 PM

Given the opportunity I'd go. I'll take my seat in the upper deck with no one around.

There may never be a vaccine.

#12 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,034 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 08 July 2020 - 06:16 PM

I've honestly not been expecting any fans, so if 14,000 can attend safely I think that is a good thing.

@gabefergy

#13 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,268 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 06:24 PM

Stands can hold 14k safely without much problem. Issue will be lines for entrance and exit, bathrooms, and concourses. And outside the stadium tailgating seems like a big risk.

I think that can all be worked out but it won't be the same and there will be some significant added inconvenience. If people cooperate it can work. If they complain and whine and don't follow the rules because things are different then it'll get shut down.

#14 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,839 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 07:05 PM

Stands can hold 14k safely without much problem. Issue will be lines for entrance and exit, bathrooms, and concourses. And outside the stadium tailgating seems like a big risk.

I think that can all be worked out but it won't be the same and there will be some significant added inconvenience. If people cooperate it can work. If they complain and whine and don't follow the rules because things are different then it'll get shut down.

I think you don't have concessions and use those workers to monitor bathrooms and entrance gates so that everyone goes in orderly.

As for tailgating, you can't go crazy, but 10 people or so outside sitting around each other (not on top of each other) appears to be pretty safe.

They can make this work...I hope.

But the more the days go by with such little hope in terms of a vaccine any time soon, I think we will not have football this year.

I hate this.

@bopper33

#15 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 08 July 2020 - 07:27 PM

Honestly, who cares about any of this.

All that matters is that they play.

Who cares if fans are there or if you can get a $10 beer or whatever.

And when I say this, I’m talking in relation to the “normal” we have had to deal with for the last several months.

I don’t even care if they play all the games in Sri Lanka. Just play.

#16 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,839 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:41 PM

Honestly, who cares about any of this.

All that matters is that they play.

Who cares if fans are there or if you can get a $10 beer or whatever.

And when I say this, I’m talking in relation to the “normal” we have had to deal with for the last several months.

I don’t even care if they play all the games in Sri Lanka. Just play.

Their testing better be accurate and efficient.

And if there is no CFB they better have three games every Saturday and maybe one every Friday night.

Those are my demands lol

@bopper33

#17 St.Steveg

St.Steveg
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 03:32 PM

It's all contingent on state regulations. I'm sure the state would like fans at the game, but the agenda has to be set by the pandemic and not sports entertainment. The pandemic is not trending favorably. Whether games get played or camps even happen is a crapshoot at this point. If even a few players on a few teams get sick the whole thing could blow up. I hate to be Debbie Downer, and I hope it works out, but everything has to go just right for the season to happen. Just right is not the way things have been going.

#18 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,704 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM

Given the opportunity I'd go. I'll take my seat in the upper deck with no one around.

There may never be a vaccine.

Your seat may be one that is blocked off. They’re obviously going to be blocking off certain rows or seats to maintain social distancing.

I would go if I win a lottery or have the chance to buy tickets but it would probably be for just one game.

I personally don’t see how football happens this year at all.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#19 Steve55

Steve55

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 05:38 PM

Your seat may be one that is blocked off. They’re obviously going to be blocking off certain rows or seats to maintain social distancing.

I would go if I win a lottery or have the chance to buy tickets but it would probably be for just one game.

I personally don’t see how football happens this year at all.

PSL holders will have 1st dibs once they go on sale. There is an email from the Ravens that explains it.

We need to see how MLB, NBA & NHL handle it. Yes football is more contact but sweat flies when NBA & NHL players collide.

#20 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,839 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 06:11 PM

For all these sports it's all about testing testing testing.

It needs to be constant, efficient and reliable.

So far MLB hasn't done a great job, but they're the guinea pigs of sorts.

@bopper33

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users