• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BSLPatDonohue

BSLPatDonohue

Terps Analyst

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 12:43 PM

As I alluded to a few weeks ago in my Terps Hoops '20-'21 look ahead, Maryland's sophomore forward Ricky Lindo Jr. has officially entered the transfer portal, per a release from the school. Here is the official release...

Lindo Jr. Enters Name into NCAA Transfer Portal

COLLEGE PARK, Md. (March 30, 2020) – Maryland men’s basketball head coach Mark Turgeon announced Monday sophomore Ricky Lindo Jr. has entered his name into the NCAA transfer portal.

“I can’t thank Ricky enough for his commitment over the past two seasons and for helping our team win the Big Ten Championship this year,” Turgeon said. “Ricky was a great teammate and did everything I ever asked of him. He’s a fantastic person and I wish him and his family all the best moving forward.”

“I want to thank the University of Maryland and Coach Turgeon for everything over the last two years,” Lindo said. “I had a chance to be a part of some amazing moments that I will never forget, including winning a conference title. I’m appreciative of my coaches and teammates for all their support. After much discussion with my family, I have decided it is best to seek a new opportunity as I continue my college career.”

#2 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,618 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 12:46 PM

Bummer. I was not a fan of how Turgeon used him this year. Certainly possible that the reduction in role was due to Lindo not practicing as well as he played last year. But when guys go backwards from frosh to soph year I often suspect that there is some responsibility on coaching staff as well as the player. Especially for a guy like Lindo who exudes effort and willingness to do the little things. Whatever the cause for his down season leading to a transfer, I'm disappointed that he'll be leaving.

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 119,911 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 12:53 PM

That's disappointing.

Know some will casually dismiss given his minimal production...but for a team with front court issues, it's a blow. Athletic. Good help defense. In frosh year, rebounded at a high level.

Path to relevance next year that much harder.

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,752 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 March 2020 - 01:57 PM

This hurts.  Lindo should have been given more of a role this past season.  Turgeon buried him and it IMO, caused Lindo to look elsewhere.

Next year may be Nebraska bad.

@mikeghg

#5 hallas

hallas

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around LA

Posted 02 April 2020 - 07:00 PM

This hurts. Lindo should have been given more of a role this past season. Turgeon buried him and it IMO, caused Lindo to look elsewhere.
Next year may be Nebraska bad.

This doesn't look as bad if the BC transfer is eligible next season. Also, Donta Scott played his way into a starting spot over Lindo.

I thought he was a really good defender last year, and this year he seemed to get lost a lot.

#6 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,752 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 April 2020 - 09:09 PM

I think Lindo got lost this year and his lack of time at least played a part in his regressing from his freshman year.

I think Scott and Lindo would have been on the floor quite a bit together next year.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners