Posted 30 March 2020 - 07:39 AM

And then they signed Derek Wolfe.

#3 Don Olsen

Don Olsen
  • Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationSeverna Park, MD

Posted 30 March 2020 - 09:53 AM

I agree on the draft trading, the Ravens need to hit on as many low cost players as possible to retain a roster that can win year after year.  The window to cap purgatory has two years remaining, unless the new normal with this CBA mutes logic that paying a QB sinks the entire roster.

I rather latch on a key full time starter and a potential starter, along with a potential situational role player, over a a top 10-15 which has as much of a bust chance that a player at 28.  I know the enamor with Ruggs III, and he might be the real deal Holyfield.  But is that worth the chance to grab three players that might be a combo of three players at 28 (Blaylock/Murray/Chaisson/Queen/Gross-Matos), at 55 (Shenault/Baun/Gallimore/Anae/Hamler), and at 92 (Lewis/Pittman/Hamilton/Zuniga/Fotu)?

• BSLJordanKough likes this
@Olsen_Don

#4 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,618 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 10:19 AM

Paying Jackson won't be cap purgatory. It's not the massive advantage that having an MVP QB on his rookie deal is, but it's still a huge organizational advantage to have an MVP QB even if he costs 20% of your cap.

Purgatory is when you have a just decent QB making big money.

Hell is when you have no QB.
  • BSLJordanKough likes this

#5 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,329 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 10:30 AM

If we can keep hitting draft picks like Andrews and Brown in later rounds, that also helps. 

I'm also more interested in trading up from the 2nd perhaps, to the last spot of the 1st again, particularly if we can nail two guys that Don mentions as key full-time starters in that spot. 

I trust the Ravens to have a good sense of what the economics look like moving forward and to make the right call on moving up or back based on some kind of max contract for Lamar. 

#6 Steve55

Steve55

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 03:52 PM

Trading the 2-2's could get us 29-32 of 1st rd. Depending on the players there ILB & WR could be taken. But then that would leave the 3rd rd for a DE or OL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners