#2 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,293 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:45 PM

I've gone to the last 3.. it's a real bummer to not be there today, especially considering it's a beautiful spring day. 

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

@AdamWolff

#3 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,470 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:59 PM

Been thinking about the ‘89 season a lot lately. That was a good OD. Beat Clemens, Cal hits a HR.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4 mdrunning

mdrunning

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:21 PM

My first one was in 1979, my favorite all-time Orioles' season. Back then, if you brought a note from home, you could get out of school early to attend the game.

As for the game, it was cold and windy as hell, Jim Palmer beat the White Sox. . .and then the Orioles went into one of their early-season swoons which were pretty typical of Oriole teams in those days.

#5 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,327 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:49 PM

Being that my birthday is in April, when I was a kid my family always went to the first home game of the year that was on a weekend (back then they didn't start games in freaking March). Anyway the usual routine was to go downtown to have lunch then hit the game. This particular game was more memorable for what happened at lunch than the game itself. We at lunch at a hotel downtown that had a eatery on the top floor. We finished lunch and took the elevator down to the lobby.

As we got the the lobby and the elevator doors opened I stepped out and took a step around the corner toward the lobby. And laying on the floor right where my foot was about to meet the floor was a leopard. Some rich dude had a pet leopard. Had a diamond studded necklace for a collar and a leash that must have cost 10 grand with all the stones on it. Luckily the cat never moved and i was able to step just over its head and not on it. Only problem was I had to go to the game with shitty pants!  LOL

So if you think people are weird these days...this was in the last 60s!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners