#2 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,071 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 24 March 2020 - 06:24 PM

Is this really any different that a short schedule?  You could basically do the same thing in a regular, abbreviated schedule.

It's 16 Playoff teams versus 10 and no Divisions, pools broken up randomly...ok....but still.

----------------------

All of the issues that they are going to have to deal with are solved by getting the Games going.

I hadn't really put this anywhere, but MLB lends itself to social distancing already.

You can test the guys on the teams.  If you're positive, go quarantine yourself.  Everyone else can go play on the field.

Rebuilding media revenue is more than half of the challenge.  Play the games.  Gives us something to watch while we're #AloneTogether.

You can have fans.  Limit it to 500-600.  Spread them out all over the stadium (without being crazy, parts of the stadium for Marlins/Orioles/Rays games already look like that).  People (well, families) would be 60 feet apart.  

Open one big parking lot and park every other space.  Close concessions, bring your own food in.  Limit Bathroom use (quantity at a time) and have cleaning staff to be vigilant there.  Allow the staff, cameras, production, ushers to work.  Limit any staff density activity.

Planes aren't busy right now, each team can use one plane.. 

Hotels aren't busy, limit your activity away from the game.  Stay in your room.

I'd probably say preclude the minors for now, but maybe have some of your more advanced guys (that would be at AAA, hold work outs at you home field.  Get your work in and stay secluded. 

You could probably start by 1 May.  A little bit of normalcy could go a long way.

#3 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,071 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 24 March 2020 - 06:26 PM

"...An MLB..."  ??

"...A MLB...."

#4 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,121 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 06:28 PM

I had to google this wasn't fake and that Deadspin was actually back, lol. 

#5 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,021 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 07:47 PM

"...An MLB..." ??

"...A MLB...."

Not sure which is correct grammatically but I always do it as if I was speaking or if the acronym/abbreviation was spelled out. M is spelled and pronounced "em", so I'd go with 'an'.

Please come back, sports. Please.

#6 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,111 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:37 AM

I was thinking the same thing when the season was pushed back.

Have all the teams eligible, and play some sort of pod system until you get to a single-elim style tournament.

If the season isn't going to start until July or August, that's the way to go.

But there is no chance MLB allows this to happen. In the NBA it absolutely would and it would be awesome.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners