• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Don Olsen

Don Olsen
  • Members
  • 373 posts
  • LocationSeverna Park, MD

Posted 22 March 2020 - 12:58 PM

Here is a quick little review of players that I believe could be decent depth options to consider.  These guys are projects and the goal is not to find diamond in the rough, but a piece of silver would do well.

Martez Ivey - OL - He profiles more as a guard in the NFL, provides some swing tackle ability to be a multifaceted offensive lineman.Good size, power, and decent feet with the ability to pull.

Jordan McCray C/G - He was a center for Tampa, did a good job at the point of attack, showed the ability to chip and get to the second level.

Cavon Walker - DT Maryland linebacker that lacks the ideal size, not going to wow on any metric, but improved hands and smaller frame gets under the guard an center.  He showed a constant motor and decent first step.  He could be a nice look at interior depth.

Anthony Johnson - DE/OLB Bounced around a lot and slightly long in the tooth.  His game tape is better than the metrics and might be a product of the coaching he has received against this level of competition.  He does offer size, defensive IQ, likely better in the run game, but decent bull rush to think he could be a backup DE, maybe special team player.

Dexter McCoil - Hybrid He was not good enough to be a true safety, but too small to be a linebacker.  He was playing linebacker for St. Louis and was sideline to sideline, holding his own and willing to stick for interior run plays.  I believe this type of player is where the NFL is moving towards in third down situations.  He is 28, limited, but could be a special team player and poor man peanut.

@Olsen_Don

#2 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 05:31 AM

It wont happen, but I'd look into Phillip Walker. He's the poor mans version of Lamar. Except his arm may be just as good. He made some NFL level throws.

#3 Don Olsen

Don Olsen
  • Members
  • 373 posts
  • LocationSeverna Park, MD

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:15 AM

I didn't bother listing him, as his camp would look to a backup position where the starter is shaky, or over the hill when a late season downfall may allow him to play meaningful snaps.

Walker would be logical to fit with the Chargers or Jaguars, wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers take a swing as well.

@Olsen_Don

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,816 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:23 AM

The Ravens had this in their "Late for Work", posts.

https://www.baltimor...onsider-signing

@mikeghg

#5 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,449 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:59 AM

It wont happen, but I'd look into Phillip Walker. He's the poor mans version of Lamar. Except his arm may be just as good. He made some NFL level throws.

I could see NE making a run at him.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#6 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,816 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 March 2020 - 11:19 AM

I could see NE making a run at him.

New England for the first time in 20 years does not have a QB,  They should be interested in every available QB

@mikeghg

#7 Steve55

Steve55

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 03:54 PM

I saw Walker signed with Carolina who then traded their back up Allen, to the Redskins.

#8 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,449 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 04:53 PM

I saw Walker signed with Carolina who then traded their back up Allen, to the Redskins.

The DC football team is so friggin’ dumb 

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#9 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90,667 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:19 PM

https://twitter.com/...3526044673?s=21
@BSLRobShields

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users