#21 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,991 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 16 March 2020 - 07:02 PM

Btw, I think this also tells you the same thing many of us thought..that the run defense wasn’t as good as the stats said it was.

The stats never looked good regarding run defense. They just got so far ahead it didn't matter until well, we know what happened.

@gabefergy

#22 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,991 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 16 March 2020 - 07:04 PM

I just see no way they pay Judon that money next year.

It's a huge cap charge and with a new CBA they can extend him and lower that number a lot. 

I think there would be some interest in Judon via trade, but if he goes out the door the OLB position looks very thin unless they have someone else in mind via FA.

@gabefergy

#23 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 07:08 PM

Btw, I think this also tells you the same thing many of us thought..that the run defense wasn’t as good as the stats said it was.

Still doesn't exactly solve our problems off the edge. I would love to see us draft Queen now. Put him behind the stacked defensive line. Ravens are definitely trying to be the bully on both sides of the ball next year. I think what Tennessee did to them really struck a cord.

#24 Steve55

Steve55

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 07:10 PM

Trade Judon, sign Van Noy.

• BSLRobShields likes this

#25 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 07:12 PM

I would love that. Especially if Judon landed us Yanda's replacement.

I love the thought of a Dline of Campbell and Brockers at DE and Bwill moving back to NT.

#26 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,991 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 16 March 2020 - 07:13 PM

Assuming Van Noy can be had at a significantly lower price, I would do that.

@gabefergy

#27 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,329 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 07:16 PM

Van Noy shouldn't cost you much more or different than Brockers did. That's what surprises me about that. I'd have given Van Noy 3/36 before Brockers 3/30...

Also, says that they don't think much of Mack. And that the Ellis/Peko backup DT situation is not somewhere they want to go again this year. 

#28 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,841 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 16 March 2020 - 07:22 PM

I'm just glad they are addressing the D like this. Gives them a lot more flexibility in the draft, too. 

• BSLRobShields likes this
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#29 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90,494 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 March 2020 - 07:28 PM

Van Noy shouldn't cost you much more or different than Brockers did. That's what surprises me about that. I'd have given Van Noy 3/36 before Brockers 3/30...

Also, says that they don't think much of Mack. And that the Ellis/Peko backup DT situation is not somewhere they want to go again this year.

Wrong:

https://twitter.com/...2638306305?s=21
@BSLRobShields

#30 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90,494 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 March 2020 - 07:29 PM

That’s a huge deal for Van Noy. I wouldn’t have touched that one.
@BSLRobShields

#31 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive
  • Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 07:35 PM

Williams is safe for this year but probably needs to ball out to be safe for next year. This deal will look good in the next few days. People are shocked every year by the contracts handed out during the first wave of FA.

#32 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,752 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 March 2020 - 09:02 PM

I really like signing Brockers.  Campbell, Brockers, and Williams is a much improved defensive line.  We need the draft to break well at linebacker.  

Decosta getting a lot of love on line.  The Ravens are a hell of an organization.

They have a plan and are working the plan.

@mikeghg

#33 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,991 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 16 March 2020 - 10:11 PM

Wrong:

https://twitter.com/...2638306305?s=21

That's not really a big difference...
@gabefergy

#34 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90,494 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 March 2020 - 09:23 AM

That's not really a big difference...

I mean, it’s a lot more money and one extra year for a player that I don’t think is as good but who happened to move to end last year and get some sacks.

I wanted Van Noy but the talk was more that he would get the money more in line with Brockers got. That made sense. But another 10M guaranteed, an extra year and 20M more?

Plus, you also have to be concerned that he was more of a product of the NE system.
  • Steve55 likes this
@BSLRobShields

#35 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,991 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 17 March 2020 - 10:10 AM

I mean, it’s a lot more money and one extra year for a player that I don’t think is as good but who happened to move to end last year and get some sacks.

I wanted Van Noy but the talk was more that he would get the money more in line with Brockers got. That made sense. But another 10M guaranteed, an extra year and 20M more?

Plus, you also have to be concerned that he was more of a product of the NE system.

Van Noy got an extra year and $2.75M/year more. I'd rather have the edge rusher.

Also, if you bring in Van Noy, you can trade Judon and sign Brockers if you still want to improve the DL.

@gabefergy

#36 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90,494 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 March 2020 - 10:33 AM

Van Noy got an extra year and $2.75M/year more. I'd rather have the edge rusher.

Also, if you bring in Van Noy, you can trade Judon and sign Brockers if you still want to improve the DL.

I’d rather have a good edge rusher. Not sure how good Van Noy is.

I also prefer to have the more productive guy and like the player who can pressure up the middle.

On top of that, you can still trade Judon and add edge pieces elsewhere.

They got the player they preferred and the Ravens always deserve the benefit of the doubt on that.
@BSLRobShields

#37 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,329 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 10:48 AM

It's just not that much more and it's still less than $3 mill of his tag. I had said I was willing to go to 3/36, so I'd definitely been willing to go to 4/49, so to go to 4/51 is not that much more. 

His deal has a $6 mill cap hit this year. Been very favorable to the Ravens. 15/15/14 on the cap the next two, that could have hurt but it's also 6, 9, 11 in savings. 

Agreed the Ravens generally deserve the benefit of the doubt but to act like the Ravens have gotten it right on defense, particularly at lineback the last 2-3 years is not correct either. Frankly, I'd rather gone with Peko/Ellis and saved this money or used it elsewhere. 

The one thing I will say is the Ravens seem to be steering away from any long term deals. In 2023, today, the Ravens have $9 million on their cap, the Dolphins have $60. Shorter deals with higher guarantees sems to be a priority right now. 

#38 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,329 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 10:50 AM

One other external thougt here is that I wonder if this defensive line lets the Ravens be better in no huddles. The Ravens were very situational in their DL previously. I think this set of guys let's you stay big up front with guys that can play multiple spots. I do like that. 

#39 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive
  • Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 11:05 AM

It seems the Ravens are going to keep Judon and they do have some interesting in house guys in Bowser and Ferguson. No problem with the way theyve attacked the front 7 so far. Its a near lock we'll continue to address it in the first 3 rounds of the draft as well.

#40 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,329 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 11:13 AM

I like Brockers, for the record. Just not sure if he represents right player, right price.

Also not sure he's a significant upgrade over Pierce for those lauding this as fixing our front seven. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners