Photo

Balt Sun: M Brown is a rising star at wide receiver, but the offense needs more help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 118,800 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 07:05 PM

Balt Sun: Ravens position review: Marquise Brown is a rising star at wide receiver, but the offense needs more help

https://www.baltimor...t6ki-story.html

#2 BSLJordanKough

BSLJordanKough

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,162 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 07:20 PM

I think Marquise Brown has an opportunity to make a Tyreke Hill like jump in year 2. Hill's was more usage at RB and WR, I think Brown's is more health and a limited role early on. We rarely saw him on screens or jet sweeps. There is a whole facet of his game that seemed to go untouched. 

#3 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88,970 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 February 2020 - 07:33 PM

I don’t think Roman is creative enough to know how to properly use him.
@BSLRobShields

#4 Don Olsen

Don Olsen
  • Members
  • 259 posts
  • LocationSeverna Park, MD

Posted 20 February 2020 - 08:02 PM

I just don't want to see the "Lets trade 2 first round picks for Diggs".  I think he values draft picks more than Ozzie.  Reviewing this recent string of signings, he has balanced the value of those years fairly evenly...this is a GM that will not rob Peter to pay Paul.

As for Brown, his last game against Titans showed what he is able to do.  He beat Adoree Jackson a handful of time when everyone in the building new it was a passing situation.  Jackson is a growing star in the league at corner. 

He is dialed in with his QB, those two do a lot together.  I believe with a healthy off season and time spent with Jackson, he could be WR1 that this club desperately needs.

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this
@Olsen_Don

#5 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive
  • Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 08:13 PM

I just don't want to see the "Lets trade 2 first round picks for Diggs". I think he values draft picks more than Ozzie. Reviewing this recent string of signings, he has balanced the value of those years fairly evenly...this is a GM that will not rob Peter to pay Paul.

As for Brown, his last game against Titans showed what he is able to do. He beat Adoree Jackson a handful of time when everyone in the building new it was a passing situation. Jackson is a growing star in the league at corner.

He is dialed in with his QB, those two do a lot together. I believe with a healthy off season and time spent with Jackson, he could be WR1 that this club desperately needs.

He has star potential. He's not going to put up massive numbers in this offense but he'll be a feared playmaker. Heck, hes already a feared playmaker.

#6 eddiemoi3

eddiemoi3
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:37 AM

Can't really ask for much more from a rookie who wasn't even 100%!

Hopefully EDC continues his philosophy of surrounding Lamar with a track team. Speed kills!

• Mike B likes this

#7 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,878 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 February 2020 - 08:39 AM

I don’t think Roman is creative enough to know how to properly use him.

I think Roman is nice than capable of being more creative.  They were clearly protecting Brown all year.

@mikeghg

#8 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,439 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 09:18 AM

I think Roman is nice than capable of being more creative. They were clearly protecting Brown all year.

He's like 5'9" 160 lbs. He's going to have to be protected every year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners