22 replies to this topic

#21 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,718 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 10:25 AM

He would probably be all in if he gets paid....

He's already gotten paid.  The contract is a big part of his appeal, as Minnesota would have paid out the bonus and all we'd be left with is the (non-guaranteed) base salary.  It's roughly 4/$48M left on the contract, which for a WR of his caliber is a bargain.

Totally agree about the concerns with his appeasement level being in this offense where throwing is not a priority and the TEs get a large amount of the work.  I do think if we had Diggs and got continued improvement from Brown at the WR position, that we would see a lot more throws to the wideouts than we did this past season.  But is that enough to keep everyone, and specifically Diggs, happy?  I'm less confident about that.  I also don't know anything about his run blocking, which is an important skill for the WR in our offense.  Snead, Roberts, and Boykin all seem like good blockers. 

#22 ravens82

ravens82
  • Members
  • 442 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:33 PM

I like the player, but I don't think the Ravens are going to give up the draft pick compensation that Minnesota will want AND pay $12M/yr. Not the Ravens style and I don't see it changing with EDC at the helm vs. Ozzie.  Lot of depth at WR in the draft -- I expect the Ravens will draft a prospect and pick up a low-cost veteran who can still play.

#23 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,876 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:44 PM

I like the player, but I don't think the Ravens are going to give up the draft pick compensation that Minnesota will want AND pay $12M/yr. Not the Ravens style and I don't see it changing with EDC at the helm vs. Ozzie.  Lot of depth at WR in the draft -- I expect the Ravens will draft a prospect and pick up a low-cost veteran who can still play.

I think they will look for a Diggs type speed player in the draft.  I think if they go free agent route at WR, it will be the bigger type player.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners