https://www.baltimor...tgers-illinois/

• BSLChrisStoner and Mike B like this

#2 BSLPatDonohue

BSLPatDonohue

Terps Analyst

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 04:53 PM

The Terps are currently on a stretch of their schedule that could be considered their toughest of the year. Starting on the road against Indiana a few weeks ago and ending on the road at Michigan State on Feb. 15, Maryland has yet to lose in this stretch but how they finish will tell us a lot about this year's squad. Nebraska at Xfinity Center next week should be no problem, but they're going to have to bring their A-game to come away with wins at Illinois and MSU. If they can win those games, they'll be in prime position to win the Big Ten regular season title and watch out for this team come March.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#3 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,790 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 February 2020 - 09:30 PM

Good read Pat.  I really want to believe in this team, and I feel better, because I like the adjustments in the offense and the willingness to run, even as a counter attack.  I am anxious to see them against Illinois and in a very unfriendly environment,  Wiggins and Ayala are going to need to hit shots to win this one. Morsell is going to need to be the high energy guy right from the top.

@mikeghg

#4 BSLPatDonohue

BSLPatDonohue

Terps Analyst

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 08:07 PM

Good read Pat.  I really want to believe in this team, and I feel better, because I like the adjustments in the offense and the willingness to run, even as a counter attack.  I am anxious to see them against Illinois and in a very unfriendly environment,  Wiggins and Ayala are going to need to hit shots to win this one. Morsell is going to need to be the high energy guy right from the top.

Thank you, Mike. I'm glad you enjoyed the piece. Now that the Illinois game is over with, I'm assuming you were as impressed as I was with the Terps' performance. Morsell answered the call and is playing some of the best ball of his career, and Wiggins and Ayala hit some big-time shots. A win like that can really galvanize a team and proved that their road woes are officially over. And if Cowan and Stix keep playing at the level they have been playing, I'm not seeing too many other teams that have that sort of one-two punch. Here's to an exciting finish to the season!

#5 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,790 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 February 2020 - 08:23 PM

Thank you, Mike. I'm glad you enjoyed the piece. Now that the Illinois game is over with, I'm assuming you were as impressed as I was with the Terps' performance. Morsell answered the call and is playing some of the best ball of his career, and Wiggins and Ayala hit some big-time shots. A win like that can really galvanize a team and proved that their road woes are officially over. And if Cowan and Stix keep playing at the level they have been playing, I'm not seeing too many other teams that have that sort of one-two punch. Here's to an exciting finish to the season!

I was very impressed with the Terps Friday night. It is one thing to come from behind to win at home, it is very impressive when you do it in the hostile environment, like the one in Illinois. That crowd came to party, and the Terps canceled it..
Stix and Cowan are the stars, but Morsell is the guy that gets everyone fired up.
The Terps got jumped early, but did not panic, went to work and won going away.
I think Friday was the best win they have had in awhile.
Nice job by Turgeon, changing up the defense, constantly on Friday.

• BSLPatDonohue likes this
@mikeghg

#6 hallas

hallas

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around LA

Posted 10 February 2020 - 02:46 PM

I was very impressed with the Terps Friday night. It is one thing to come from behind to win at home, it is very impressive when you do it in the hostile environment, like the one in Illinois. That crowd came to party, and the Terps canceled it..
Stix and Cowan are the stars, but Morsell is the guy that gets everyone fired up.
The Terps got jumped early, but did not panic, went to work and won going away.
I think Friday was the best win they have had in awhile.
Nice job by Turgeon, changing up the defense, constantly on Friday.

On the topic of Illinois punching us in the mouth, I don't think the Terps played that bad in the first 10 minutes of the game on Friday.  Their defense was a little off, but offensively it wasn't like we couldn't score.  We had 15 in the first 9 minutes, which isn't great but isn't that bad.  Also, I think the Terps played their usual high-percentage defense, and then got torched by the other guys.  There's really nothing you can do about that, but the team could have panicked in the aftermath.  Instead we ground out a comeback.  Obviously the defensive switch helped a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners