#1 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,790 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 February 2020 - 05:27 PM

Besides giving away a lot of games in 2020, the Orioles have a schedule for of promotions.

https://www.masnspor...l-schedule.html

I criticize them a good bit, but I do give them credit, for enticing the fans with some good promotions.

@mikeghg

#2 tennOsfan

tennOsfan

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts
  • LocationJonesborough, TN

Posted 03 February 2020 - 11:06 PM

If I lived closer, I'd have a lot of bobbleheads this season.

#3 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

BSL Analyst

• Moderators
  • 9,337 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 04 February 2020 - 07:59 PM

I want the soccer jersey.
  • Chris B likes this

#4 Thirteen

Thirteen

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 504 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 12:17 PM

If I lived closer, I'd have a lot of bobbleheads this season.

Palmer, Brooks, Boog and Cal and the Oriole Bird.  That's a nice lineup.  The Brooks jersey on August 8 would be a cool thing to have, too.

#5 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,790 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 February 2020 - 12:22 PM

Palmer, Brooks, Boog and Cal and the Oriole Bird.  That's a nice lineup.  The Brooks jersey on August 8 would be a cool thing to have, too.

Anything associated with Brooks is a cool thing.  I have a decent amount of memorabilia, but the Brooks stuff is the favorite.

@mikeghg

#6 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 05 February 2020 - 01:09 PM

I would like both of those jerseys. The soccer one, well because that's my sport. But the replica 1970 Brooks jersey because I was at the last game of that WS. What a memory.

#7 Thirteen

Thirteen

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 504 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 01:23 PM

Has anyone ever gotten a jersey giveaway?  I assume they aren't super high quality wool or anything, but are they nice?

That one might be a tough one to get, too.  It's going to really popular and the game is against the Nats.  I could be a sell out.

#8 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 05 February 2020 - 01:29 PM

Has anyone ever gotten a jersey giveaway?  I assume they aren't super high quality wool or anything, but are they nice?

That one might be a tough one to get, too.  It's going to really popular and the game is against the Nats.  I could be a sell out.

They're decent. Lower-quality than a "replica" jersey, but not fall-apart-the-first-day-in-the-rain bad or anything.

• Chris B and Thirteen like this
@DJ_McCann

#9 weird-O

weird-O

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 05 February 2020 - 03:01 PM

They're decent. Lower-quality than a "replica" jersey, but not fall-apart-the-first-day-in-the-rain bad or anything.

I have 2 or 3 give away jerseys, and this is how I'd describe them too. 

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#10 weird-O

weird-O

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 05 February 2020 - 03:08 PM

If you want one, just be sure to get there early. When they limit the give away to the first X number of fans, they usually don't have any left, if you go thru the turnstile at the usual arrival time for a game. 

I'm not big into memorabilia collecting, but I was all in on those legends park mini statues, especially Eddie. Since he's so private, and not one for public events, I made sure I was there when the gates opened. 

• Thirteen likes this

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#11 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,790 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 February 2020 - 08:06 AM

They are okay, not great, not bad.  Not super high quality.  You do need to get there early for the better giveaways. 

No joke, for the good giveaway days, you have people show up, get their items and immediately leave.  The replica jerseys, Hawaiian shirt days and the bobble head games especially.  People buy cheap seats, get the item and go home. .

@mikeghg

#12 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 02:17 PM

They are okay, not great, not bad.  Not super high quality.  You do need to get there early for the better giveaways. 

No joke, for the good giveaway days, you have people show up, get their items and immediately leave.  The replica jerseys, Hawaiian shirt days and the bobble head games especially.  People buy cheap seats, get the item and go home. .

I actually did  that a few times last season.

#13 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,790 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 February 2020 - 12:33 PM

I actually did  that a few times last season.

You are not the only ones.  For a give away game, I get to the game about an hour early, and I park at the Penn Street Garage, which is a few blocks from CY.  Walking to the gate, there are always people heading away from the park, with the giveaways in hand.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners