Photo

Does the Astros scandal make you feel differently about Elias or the "Astroball" strategy?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,269 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 04:20 PM

The only part of Astroball I'm skeptical about now is that a veteran presence matters, i.e. Beltran. They did that analysis and found that chemistry in a diverse locker room can account for six wins. Beltran, in addition to being a whiz in the video room, was a guy that was the glue that brought teammates together. 

So, I don't see the value in having say, Adam Jones back around in the locker room when the O's are competing again. He'll also be a grandfather by then anyway. 

• Mike B and russsnyder like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#42 russsnyder

russsnyder

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 04:39 PM

The only part of Astroball I'm skeptical about now is that a veteran presence matters, i.e. Beltran. They did that analysis and found that chemistry in a diverse locker room can account for six wins. Beltran, in addition to being a whiz in the video room, was a guy that was the glue that brought teammates together.

So, I don't see the value in having say, Adam Jones back around in the locker room when the O's are competing again. He'll also be a grandfather by then anyway.

It depends how good Adam's video skills are at that point.
  • CMU27 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners