#1422 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,834 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 July 2020 - 10:05 AM

The Ravens will certainly have a lot of motivation heading into this season.

All the talk about the Chiefs is that they could be a dynasty..almost making them sound unbeatable.

They are drafting well, are young and a lot of the key guys are signed for a while.

#1423 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,448 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 14 July 2020 - 10:09 AM

I could see it. They also get to play the Raiders, Broncos and Chargers 6 times a year. 

@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#1424 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,834 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 July 2020 - 10:21 AM

I could see it. They also get to play the Raiders, Broncos and Chargers 6 times a year. 

Well those teams aren’t walkovers.

The Chargers have some of the best talent in the league.

The Raiders and Broncos are doing a good job of building.

Obviously, it will come back to the QBs for them but I don’t see that division as what NE has played in.

#1425 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,448 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 14 July 2020 - 10:32 AM

Well those teams aren’t walkovers.

The Chargers have some of the best talent in the league.

The Raiders and Broncos are doing a good job of building.

Obviously, it will come back to the QBs for them but I don’t see that division as what NE has played in.

I think the Ravens and Chiefs would go 6-0 there rather easily. Maybe not in a couple years. Who knows. But that's a cakewalk next year.
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#1426 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,834 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 July 2020 - 10:34 AM

I think the Ravens and Chiefs would go 6-0 there rather easily. Maybe not in a couple years. Who knows. But that's a cakewalk next year.

Cakewalk is unquestionably the wrong term...unless their QB situations are so bad and I don’t think that’s the case.

It’s hard to go undefeated in your division.

#1427 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 704 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 10:43 AM

We'll know a lot more after this year but I wouldn't be betting on the Chiefs having an easier division going forward than the Ravens. One, and probably most importantly, the Browns and Bengals are two of the worst organizations in football. Two, there is some young talent in the West and as far as the North goes I kind of expect Pitt to be mediocre for awhile until they find a proper Ben replacement.

#1428 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,931 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 14 July 2020 - 10:47 AM

We'll know a lot more after this year but I wouldn't be betting on the Chiefs having an easier division going forward than the Ravens. One, and probably most importantly, the Browns and Bengals are two of the worst organizations in football. Two, there is some young talent in the West and as far as the North goes I kind of expect Pitt to be mediocre for awhile until they find a proper Ben replacement.

I hope your assessment is correct, but my fear is the Browns are building a talented team and Cincy, having Burrows may give them the chance to over ride Mike Brown's incompetence.

As for the Steelers. it will be interesting to see how much Old Ben has left.

@mikeghg

#1429 Don Olsen

Don Olsen
  • Members
  • 440 posts
  • LocationSeverna Park, MD

Posted 14 July 2020 - 10:48 AM

Broncos and Chargers have some good rosters and surprisingly drafted well the last three years.  Raiders have better coaching and some promising players to build around where they won't be complete pushovers.

I feel like New England was gifted with ineptitude by its divisional rivals for 10 years.  I don't see the AFC west trending in that direction.

@Olsen_Don

#1430 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,448 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 14 July 2020 - 10:52 AM

Cakewalk is unquestionably the wrong term...unless their QB situations are so bad and I don’t think that’s the case.

It’s hard to go undefeated in your division.

We'll see.

#1431 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,834 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 July 2020 - 10:55 AM

Obviously the development of Lock and Herbert will go a long way in deciding this.

Carr is still good but Gruden probably won’t stay with him for too long.

But these teams have good rosters.

It’s actually hard to find teams with bad rosters and no hope anymore. There aren’t a lot of them.

#1432 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 704 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 11:38 AM

I hope your assessment is correct, but my fear is the Browns are building a talented team and Cincy, having Burrows may give them the chance to over ride Mike Brown's incompetence.

As for the Steelers. it will be interesting to see how much Old Ben has left.

Cincy showed in the recent past that poorly run organizations can find some success. Certainly possible one or both of the Ohio teams become good over the next few years.

#1433 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,834 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 July 2020 - 12:06 PM

Yea I wouldn’t write off Cinci or Cle just because they have been elections train wrecks.

It’s all about the QB play. If Burrow and Baker can become good, they will be a threat.

#1434 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,834 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 July 2020 - 12:06 PM

https://www.espn.com...icks-best-worst

#1435 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 704 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 12:18 PM

https://www.espn.com...icks-best-worst

There is no doubt that Lamar is our ultimate playmaker who makes everyone around him better. That said, I don't think our weapons are 20th in the league. I would say league average.

#1436 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,834 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 July 2020 - 12:31 PM

There is no doubt that Lamar is our ultimate playmaker who makes everyone around him better. That said, I don't think our weapons are 20th in the league. I would say league average.

I think you can argue that 20 is too high.

We just have no idea what we have on the outside yet. Potential is there but not much else.

You enter the season feeling good about Ingram and Andrews but everyone else is prove it or just are what they are.

#1437 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,834 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 July 2020 - 12:50 PM

Chiefs gave Chris Jones a big contract. Helps keep the defense together for a while.

#1438 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 704 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 01:13 PM

Im a big believer in Hollywood and Dobbins. Yes, they're still some uncertainty but I dont classify them as prove it guys like Hill, Duvernay, Boykins. If Hollywood and JK are healthy they are good playmakers.

#1439 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,834 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 July 2020 - 01:15 PM

Im a big believer in Hollywood and Dobbins. Yes, they're still some uncertainty but I dont classify them as prove it guys like Hill, Duvernay, Boykins. If Hollywood and JK are healthy they are good playmakers.

Sure I agree but for the purposes of this, they need to produce and stay healthy.  Can't rate this on potential.

I will say that I do think that the upside is there to be similar to KC...our weapons have similar skill sets as theirs do.

#1440 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 704 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 01:22 PM

Also of note is that Boyle isn't a weapon in the way that we normally think of weapons but that man is the best at what he does and in this offense its very valuable.
  • SportsGuy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users