446 replies to this topic

#441 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:40 PM

Martindale just signed a 3 year extension. Great move by the Ravens. I love Martindale as our defensive coordinator.

#442 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,714 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted Yesterday, 02:43 PM

Highest paid DC in the league.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#443 Don Olsen

Don Olsen
  • Members
  • 120 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:30 PM

Buyer beware on Chris Jones.  I asked about a prospect and he made a quip using Chris Jones as his example.  The scout likes him a lot and thinks Jones is a one man wrecking crew, but he might show up for 10-15 plays a game, but you don't get that effort for 50 snaps.

@Olsen_Don

#444 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationAACo

Posted Yesterday, 05:06 PM

Judon would seem like a pretty prime candidate to franchise, so if they're really eliminating the tag, that's quite a wrench in the plans.

In the scenario where they let him walk, finding his replacement(s) is a major concern to me. It's great that the Ravens have more cap space than in recent history, but they're still around bottom third of the league. The teams at the top of the list have nearly 3x as much cap space.

It'd be nice if they're able to legitimately contend for Clowney, but I'd be shocked if they aren't quickly priced out of those negotiations. The list of quality available pass rushers isn't exactly long. Maybe a guy like Beasley could be had for a reasonable price, but he didn't do jack until the second half of the year, and I certainly don't view him as a 1 to 1 replacement of Judon. I expect Barrett and Ngakoue to benefit from FA as well.

@Bmore_Irish

#445 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87,663 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted Yesterday, 06:12 PM

They apparently also signed Roman.

Roman may be a candidate for the Colorado job though.

Someone else got the job
@BSLRobShields

#446 eddiemoi3

eddiemoi3
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted Today, 05:09 AM

Updated breakdown on Lamar's mechanics! Thoughts? 

What do you want to see from Lamar in year 3? For example, for me, would love to see a 4th quarter game winning drive with say less than 2 mins to go etc. Anything and everything to prepare for any given situation which may arise in the postseason!

#447 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted Today, 09:16 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=rVrM2dZBNDU

Updated breakdown on Lamar's mechanics! Thoughts?

What do you want to see from Lamar in year 3? For example, for me, would love to see a 4th quarter game winning drive with say less than 2 mins to go etc. Anything and everything to prepare for any given situation which may arise in the postseason!

I that's where I'm at. I want to see him stop pressing so much under pressure. He has 10 other guys out there. He's gotta trust them to do their jobs come postseason games. He had the same problem in college. In big games he always tried to do everything himself. Ravens need to get a vet like AJ Green around him. Someone who makes the big plays at the end of games, so Lamar can put some trust in the guys around him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners