Let's say the Orioles...
- Sign Wood, and McHugh.
- Release Davis.
The Opening Day Roster could look something like this:
Bench: Sisco, Wilkerson, OF, UTI
Rotation: Means, Cobb, Wood, McHugh, Wojciechowski
Bullpen: Givens, Harvey, Scott, Tate, Stewart, Bleier or Fry, Castro or Armstrong, Bailey.
*Stewart on the DL.
** Rucker would need to be on the roster, or offered back.
AAA: Akin, Kremer, Lowther, Baumann, Wells, Zimmerman, Kline, Carroll, Phillips, Martin, Mountcastle, Diaz.
Thoughts / Questions:
1) Without Davis, and unless Mancini is traded... Mancini should be at 1st.
2) Smith goes into starting lineup with Stewart on DL. Figure Santander plays better in RF than he would.
3) Iglesias, Hays, Ruiz pretty good gloves.
4) Bullpen competition is very tight, especially if the O's carry both Bailey and Rucker, even with 26th spot.
5) Who do you see as the other two bench spots behind Sisco and Wilkerson?
6) By June, Stewart is back, and Mountcastle is up. Has Ruiz taken a step forward offensively? Has Nunez showed he can be livable at 3rd? Have the O's now traded Mancini or Nunez?
7) Is Givens traded before July?
8) How does playing time breakout between Severino and Sisco?
9) Does Alberto look better at 2nd only playing there? Does he improve vs. RHP?
10) Excited to watch Hays. Like some of the pen arms.
11) I'm thinking somewhere between 65-70 wins.
12) Wood and McHugh could easily give the O's nothing, but the team looks much more like a ML roster with them listed.