#41 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,521 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 December 2019 - 06:41 PM

Short week does not give anyone to heal up.  Stanley would be a loss against a good run defense.

Lamar also was limited today.

@mikeghg

#42 jamesdean

jamesdean

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 07:22 PM

Short week does not give anyone to heal up.  Stanley would be a loss against a good run defense.

Lamar also was limited today.

I guess you can look at it "glass half full" too.  If they get through the Jets game intact, they'll have a mini-bye week leading up to the following game.  It's actually pretty amazing how few injuries they've had compared to some teams. 

#43 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,521 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 December 2019 - 07:44 PM

I guess you can look at it "glass half full" too.  If they get through the Jets game intact, they'll have a mini-bye week leading up to the following game.  It's actually pretty amazing how few injuries they've had compared to some teams. 

I think we have had injuries, but the guys replacing have done well.  Lack of injuries is probably luck, depth is not.

@mikeghg

#44 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 08:07 PM

I'm nervous about this game.

I HATE feeling like something is a foregone conclusion. Those are professional athletes on the other side.

Nothing is given to you. I hope the Ravens show up and leave no doubt.

#45 cprenegade

cprenegade

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 08:43 PM

Well the Jets did beat Dallas earlier this year, although in retrospect I'm not sure that's as shocking now as it seemed back then.  They do have some decent players, but honestly I think the Ravens would have to totally flop to lose this game.  A Thursday night home game late in the season against a team with a poor coach and nothing to play for.  I think this gets out of hand early.  The line is 14 1/2 and I don't think that's enough.  

#46 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,494 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 09 December 2019 - 08:59 PM

They clinch their division in primetime with a win. Lamar should break Vick's record. They have plenty to play for.
@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#47 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,204 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 10 December 2019 - 09:30 AM

They clinch their division in primetime with a win. Lamar should break Vick's record. They have plenty to play for.

I know Lamar "doesn't care" about the individual achievements, but I think that both of those being done in Baltimore, where he can be praised properly for it, is important. 

Also I -really- want them to get these next two games so Lamar can get essentially two bye weeks. 

• Ricker Says likes this

#48 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,494 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 10 December 2019 - 09:46 AM

I know Lamar "doesn't care" about the individual achievements, but I think that both of those being done in Baltimore, where he can be praised properly for it, is important. 

Also I -really- want them to get these next two games so Lamar can get essentially two bye weeks. 

Agreed - I think the crowd will really pour it on, and it will be an incredibly festive night in Baltimore if those two things go down. 

Agreed completely about the rest. People yesterday remarking about too much rest - but I think Lamar has to exert so much more energy with the way he plays than most other QB's, that I think having him back in Round 2 of the playoffs, even if slightly rusty, but rested and at full strength will serve this team very, very well if they want to achieve their ultimate goal.

@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#49 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,663 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:13 AM

I don't expect the team/players to do anything when Lamar passes Vick's rushing record.  I do think the team will put it on the scoreboard and the crowd will applaud.  But I'm not expecting any sort of player celebration.  It's not like when Jamal Lewis went over 2000 yards, and certainly not like any career records where you sometimes see the game stopped (Brees recently, for example).

#50 cprenegade

cprenegade

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:21 AM

I think you misunderstood me.....the Ravens have plenty to play for.   I meant the Jets have nothing to play for.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners