BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,933 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 10:08 AM

BSL: https://www.baltimor...inside-numbers/

Inside the ridiculous numbers.

Traditional, PFF, Football Outsiders, Vegas. 

Numbers say the Ravens have the edge in this game, and sloppy weather I think can only help the best running team. 

(Article #400 from this guy)

• BSLChrisStoner and BSLGabeFerguson like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 JohnnyK27

JohnnyK27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 30 November 2019 - 11:10 AM

Hope it is cold ...Cold and Rainy favors us IMO

• BSLMikeRandall likes this

#3 cprenegade

cprenegade

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 11:55 AM

Hope it is cold ...Cold and Rainy favors us IMO

I disagree a bit.  Cold and rainy usually is a detriment to speed.  One of the biggest edges the Ravens have on offense is team speed.  Bad weather is a negative factor to that.  The 49ers aren't exceptionally fast as much as they are physical.  That said, I've seen the forecast and while the weather is not ideal, it will not be a deciding factor win or lose.  

#4 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,222 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:08 PM

Bad weather helps SF too.
@BSLRobShields

#5 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,521 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:11 PM

Crappy weather equalizes offenses which is bad for us. I could see one broken play being the decider here.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#6 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,933 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:30 PM

Right now Lamar transcends weather. It was wet in Seattle. His first pass was dime for 40 something yards. Battle of running teams with a better QB than Garoppolo in Russ Wilson, Ravens defense held them in check, Lamar had a nice game, Late Seattle fumble sealed the deal. 

I know I predicted like 48-7. But realistically I think a Seattle type score is more in line. 30-17 Ravens given the weather, both teams eat the clock. Maybe each team only gets like six drives this game.

@BSLMikeRandall

#7 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

SportsGuy's Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,521 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:11 PM

Just bought a new pair of duck boots for tomorrow. I think I will need them

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#8 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,386 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:18 PM

I think bad weather gives a small advantage to the Ravens because it will slow down the pass rush which is SF's greatest strength on defense. The Ravens are the better running team too, so I think it helps there.

I do wonder how does bad weather affect the homefield crowd advantage? If it is pouring rain it might be a damper on the stadium.

Regardless, I like the Ravens in this one. West coast team coming east coast for an early game is always a factor. I find it intriguing that Vegas has the Ravens as 5 point favorite over a 10-1 team. That is huge respect.

@gabefergy

#9 cprenegade

cprenegade

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 08:52 PM

I disagree a bit.  Cold and rainy usually is a detriment to speed.  One of the biggest edges the Ravens have on offense is team speed.  Bad weather is a negative factor to that.  The 49ers aren't exceptionally fast as much as they are physical.  That said, I've seen the forecast and while the weather is not ideal, it will not be a deciding factor win or lose.  

I take that back.  The weather will be a factor.  Not an excuse for either team since both will have to deal with it, but it sounds like the forecast will be worse than what I first thought.  The rain will be significant and the temps will be cold.  Good thing the temps aren't about 8 degrees colder.  We would be looking at a foot of snow.

#10 JohnnyK27

JohnnyK27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 30 November 2019 - 09:14 PM

I take that back.  The weather will be a factor.  Not an excuse for either team since both will have to deal with it, but it sounds like the forecast will be worse than what I first thought.  The rain will be significant and the temps will be cold.  Good thing the temps aren't about 8 degrees colder.  We would be looking at a foot of snow.

That would really benefit the Ravens .... The sunny California team would be at an extreme disadvantage

#11 85Knight

85Knight

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 12:17 AM

That would really benefit the Ravens .... The sunny California team would be at an extreme disadvantage

He seems to be a glass half empty guy which I am terribly disappointed in since we go back together to The Sun board. C'mon somebody has have to some backbone around here.

#12 JohnnyK27

JohnnyK27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 01 December 2019 - 06:48 AM

He seems to be a glass half empty guy which I am terribly disappointed in since we go back together to The Sun board. C'mon somebody has have to some backbone around here.

I'm not sure your history with cprenegade. I never posted on the Sunboard but went way back on the Hangout. I really believe the weather and trip east from the 49ERS seriously benefit the Ravens. That doesn't take into account the way the Ravens have been beating up on the other top teams.

As far as a backbone, I stayed off the Lamar wagon about as long as anybody reasonably could. Hell I was so stubborn and convinced that I spent some time on the banned list. So I don't think backbone is an issue of mine.

I am hoping for another convincing victory!

#13 russsnyder

russsnyder

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 12:56 PM

I think the Ravens keep roll8ng.

28-13 Ravens

#14 JStruds

JStruds
  • Members
  • 363 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 01 December 2019 - 04:27 PM

Sunny? You ever been to SF? Mark Twain famously said: The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.
  • BSLChrisStoner and BSLGabeFerguson like this

#15 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,386 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 01 December 2019 - 04:48 PM

Sunny? You ever been to SF? Mark Twain famously said: The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.

haha very true, SF is cold as hell

@gabefergy

#16 JStruds

JStruds
  • Members
  • 363 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 01 December 2019 - 05:43 PM

haha very true, SF is cold as hell

Yep. True story. While stationed at Ft. Ord which is maybe @60 miles(?) south of SF, I was working in the yard when a brown colored fog rolled in - never saw the same before or after - the temperature must have dropped 20 degrees in less than 30 minutes. Reminds me of a Little Feat song: Cold, cold, cold... 😉

#17 JohnnyK27

JohnnyK27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 01 December 2019 - 05:51 PM

No but Ive been to LA

#18 JStruds

JStruds
  • Members
  • 363 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 01 December 2019 - 06:02 PM

No but Ive been to LA

😀

#19 BSLGabeFerguson

BSLGabeFerguson

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,386 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:59 PM

No but Ive been to LA

Kinda like comparing Florida to MD in the winter
@gabefergy

#20 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,607 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:19 PM

The average high in January is 58. Settle down folks. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners