125 replies to this topic

#121 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:59 PM

I'm totally on board with just enjoying the season, but I'd just like to point out that there is nobody more confrontational than Rob.

Agree 100%. I guess there's something to thinking you're smarter than everyone else on the planet.  :mrgreen:

• 85Knight likes this

#122 85Knight

85Knight

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 563 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 12:25 AM

Agree 100%. I guess there's something to thinking you're smarter than everyone else on the planet. :mrgreen:

And somehow I'm the bad guy for that last fiasco. He has some pictures of some people on this board.

#123 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,726 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 15 November 2019 - 04:43 AM

Nah, you just get used to him.  I've argued with the guy for like 10 years, he's got his flaws just like the rest of us.  

He's an asshole, but so am I; and probably you for that matter.  Its a message board mate, not real life.

• Ricker Says, mdrunning and JStruds like this

@fuzydunlop

#124 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,067 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:37 AM

I'm totally on board with just enjoying the season, but I'd just like to point out that there is nobody more confrontational than Rob.

And yet none of you are actually answering questions or trying to engage in an actual football conversation.

For years, we would hear about how the Sun message board was awful. I see why.

Look at the arguments from you guys. Almost none of it is about football unless Knight is blowing Lamar by posting a stat or article about him. Ken brings absolutely zero opinion about anything outside of agreeing with others. I don’t even know if he can dress himself in the morning without asking someone’s permission. You talking about people being confrontational is hilarious but whatever.

However, I have asked several football related questions, none of which have been answered. Hell, this started off with me asking football questions in response to a moronic statement. None of that was answered.

All knight does is bitch about people who didn’t think lamar was a good throwing QB.(which was shared by most of the scouting community). He doesn’t really bring any substance to the table and when he is asked about it, he normally avoids the discussion and goes back to his regularly scheduled programming of whining.

So, if you want to avoid these things, why not just answer the questions and have a football conversation?

And yes, the misrepresentation and lying is definitely there. Not one person on here hasn’t given credit to Lamar..not one person who was skeptical of him hasn’t talked about how great he has played, how well he has looked, etc...just because people point out some of his flaws from time to time, that doesn’t mean anything. This is a message board where stuff is discussed. The idea that some of us analyze everything, good and bad (and discuss it) doesn’t mean anything more than we are discussing things.

If you don’t want to do that, that’s fine. No issues there. But if you choose not to do that, don’t whine about it because other people do. And, taking that further, just because people discuss the bad, doesn’t mean they have some vendetta against Lamar.

I suspect there are some people out there in social media land that want him to fail even if he is a Ravens QB. Some of those people may just not want to say there wrong, some are perhaps racist and some are perhaps just assholes that can never be happy about anything.

However, none of them are on here. Everyone is 100% behind Lamar, this offense and the way the team is playing. So, either guys like Ken and Knight are ignoring what is being said on here or they are talking about the general public who is still against Lamar. If that is the case, I don’t get why you don’t preface your comments with that. I don’t think that’s the case, so I think this goes back to people just not reading or understanding what people are saying and you guys deciding to still complain about something that doesn’t exist.
@BSLRobShields

#125 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:40 AM

Nah, you just get used to him.  I've argued with the guy for like 10 years, he's got his flaws just like the rest of us.  

He's an asshole, but so am I; and probably you for that matter.  Its a message board mate, not real life.

Yep. i've just decided to take the route of less engagement with him. There are plenty of other people here that you can have a real honest conversation with who don't think they're ultimate authority on everything.  :mrgreen:

#126 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 115,304 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:31 AM

And yet none of you are actually answering questions or trying to engage in an actual football conversation.

For years, we would hear about how the Sun message board was awful. I see why.

Look at the arguments from you guys. Almost none of it is about football unless Knight is blowing Lamar by posting a stat or article about him. Ken brings absolutely zero opinion about anything outside of agreeing with others. I don’t even know if he can dress himself in the morning without asking someone’s permission. You talking about people being confrontational is hilarious but whatever.

However, I have asked several football related questions, none of which have been answered. Hell, this started off with me asking football questions in response to a moronic statement. None of that was answered.

All knight does is bitch about people who didn’t think lamar was a good throwing QB.(which was shared by most of the scouting community). He doesn’t really bring any substance to the table and when he is asked about it, he normally avoids the discussion and goes back to his regularly scheduled programming of whining.

So, if you want to avoid these things, why not just answer the questions and have a football conversation?

And yes, the misrepresentation and lying is definitely there. Not one person on here hasn’t given credit to Lamar..not one person who was skeptical of him hasn’t talked about how great he has played, how well he has looked, etc...just because people point out some of his flaws from time to time, that doesn’t mean anything. This is a message board where stuff is discussed. The idea that some of us analyze everything, good and bad (and discuss it) doesn’t mean anything more than we are discussing things.

If you don’t want to do that, that’s fine. No issues there. But if you choose not to do that, don’t whine about it because other people do. And, taking that further, just because people discuss the bad, doesn’t mean they have some vendetta against Lamar.

I suspect there are some people out there in social media land that want him to fail even if he is a Ravens QB. Some of those people may just not want to say there wrong, some are perhaps racist and some are perhaps just assholes that can never be happy about anything.

However, none of them are on here. Everyone is 100% behind Lamar, this offense and the way the team is playing. So, either guys like Ken and Knight are ignoring what is being said on here or they are talking about the general public who is still against Lamar. If that is the case, I don’t get why you don’t preface your comments with that. I don’t think that’s the case, so I think this goes back to people just not reading or understanding what people are saying and you guys deciding to still complain about something that doesn’t exist.

Rob, I knew this was coming...  and like always, there are elements where I might agree with you... but it's lost in how you deliver a message. 

You have a right to defend yourself.  People had poked at you, you have a right to respond. 

- Didn't need to trash The Sun board, and rope a lump of people together. People are individuals, treat them accordingly. 

- Of course you did trash them individually as well. They said you were difficult to deal with, and have to be the smartest guy in the room...  You say Knight is blowing Lamar, Ken adds nothing, and you aren't sure if he can dress himself.  That's way over the top. 

- Yes, I agree.. just have a football discussion.   It can be done. 

- Yes, I agree.. some of the questions you posed were not addressed.   Yes, I agree some of the points you made we're misrepresented. Which I think was more about being being misunderstood vs. intentional.  It goes back to how comments are delivered. 

- Yes, I agree everyone here (even those who were skeptical about Jackson) want him to succeed and are enjoying his success. And that you can simultaneously love his growth, and still have questions about him going forward without being a hater, or having an agenda. 

I like that Ken, Knight, and Slide are here.  Not because they drive up our post count, but because they have opinions and add to the conversations. We need more of that, not less. 

You don't like that your questions weren't addressed?  Fine, that's valid enough. 
Pose the questions again, or disengage. 

People poke at your arguments, or say you are argumentative, or want to show yourself to be the smartest guy in the room... and you want to respond where you disagree?  Have at it....without the personal over-the-top escalating bs. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners